INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing mkv's in 64 bit or 32 bit - can you choose?  (Read 2075 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Playing mkv's in 64 bit or 32 bit - can you choose?
« on: April 09, 2010, 10:25:33 am »

My other post has taken a little but of a left turn so I'm starting a new one.

I'm running win 7 64 bit and I'm having issues registering cyberlink filters in 64 bit but they register fine in 32 bit.  The issue then is that I am playing mkv's and when I select cyberlink as the filter, it won't load it instead defaulting to the next filter.  So I then ran a program to show me what filters were installed and cyberlink showed up under 32 bit but not 64 bit.  So I assume then that jrmc is playing mkv's in 64 bit mode rather than 32 bit.  My assaumption seems to work because cyberlink loads and plays dvd and m2t files just fine presumably because it is playing them in a 32 bit mode.

Two things 1) does this sound right 2) is there any way to tell jrmc to play certain files in a 64 bit or 32 bit mode? 

Admittedly I could be completely off in my assumptions but my troubleshooting to date seems to prove this out.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Playing mkv's in 64 bit or 32 bit - can you choose?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:29:26 am »

As I said in your other thread, I do not think 32bit vs. 64 bit matters.  Media Center is a 32 bit program.  It should happily accept a 32 bit filter.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Playing mkv's in 64 bit or 32 bit - can you choose?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:37:06 pm »

I didn't see a direct answer in the other post.

It should happily accept a 32 bit filter.

It shoud but it's not and that is the problem.  Likely the answer will be it's a win 7 or driver issue which at some point only takes me so far.  In this case I think my logic is sound but then again I may be wrong.  Setting cyberlink's refusal to register in 64 bit when I'm playing mkv's only those filters that are registered in 32 bit will load.  If they are absent in 64 bit they won't load.
Pages: [1]   Go Up