INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External hard disk  (Read 1293 times)

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
External hard disk
« on: April 10, 2010, 06:04:36 am »

I am using JRiver mediacenter for more than 5 years now but I am still not able to manage external hard disk correctly in theater view
1/while in theater view is there a shortcut to run autoimport as soon as the hard disk is plugged in or unplugged?
2/when the hard disk is unplugged I do not want to see the files in theater view so I run autoimport with "yes" fix broken links (and do not protect for external files). But then when I plug it again and re import it is quite long and thumbnails are lost and has to be rebuilt. What should I do so that thumbnails are kept?

This is for video files mostly mkv and iso, I never put audio files on external hard disk.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: External hard disk
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 11:16:40 am »

about 1: in theater view you could add an external program in the options. mc15.exe is choosen as standard. there is a mcc command for running autoimport, i think its /mcc 23020, put that in the parameter. look here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands
make a backup first before testing.

about 2: would it make any difference when you set the thumbnail exit behaviour to leave. its under tools>tree & view>thumbnails. no idea, but maybe.

an other option you have is leave the network disks alone in autoimport, so that they stay in the library, but use this expression in the rule for the video views in Theater View:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Video] [=ismissing([filename])]=0now the is missing command checks for files that are not online, and this rule leaves the files that are ofline out of the view.
there are two important things though. when done on a lot of files the ismissing command can be slow, since every file has to be checked. but i tested it just on my library with all my audio and video files, and it took just 2 seconds. the other important thing is, is that the ismissing command does not work with ifo files. they are always missing.

when you use the rule in Theater View, you must reenter the video view you must reenter the view after turning on the disk.

hope this gives some ideas.

:)
gab

edit: when setting up the thing i suggested in 1, make sure to uncheck 'hide media center when program is running'.

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: External hard disk
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:26:40 pm »

gappie thanks a lot
1/your solution works and I can run autoimport from within theater view now
2/your second suggestion to question 2 works perfectly and is fast , my thumbnails are not lost anymore and missing file are not shown in theater view

really satisfactory answers which I am sure will be useful to other users.
Pages: [1]   Go Up