INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using MJ to listen to Windows Media Player/RealOne FIles  (Read 513 times)

Peter Wright

Using MJ to listen to Windows Media Player/RealOne FIles
« on: June 28, 2002, 06:41:13 am »

Hi guys,

This is a kind of complicated question, so I hope you can help me.

I'm trying to figure out how to listen to international Internet radio stations using MJ that are configured to play using either Windows Media Player or RealOne Player.  Now, in my Favorites file in the Windows RealOne folder, I find icons that are shortcuts to the stations I listen to, rather than the files themselves, so I don't have the information to use "file" "Open streaming file".

So, I need to know how to find the streaming files these other apps are accessing and how to program MJ to open them and record them.

I'll definitely buy the full version of this software if you can help me figure this one out!

Thanks in advance.
Peter Wright

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
RE:Using MJ to listen to Windows Media Player/RealOne FIles
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 10:35:47 am »

Hi Peter,

I'm not familiar with RealOne or Media Player radio, but if you have regular shortcuts this should work:

Select one icon, right click, Proprieties

Then click "Find Target" at the bottom. It will open up a window with the file highlighted. That file should have the streaming address that you need to use in MJ  (e.g. you can import it, and keep it in your library for easy access or use Web Media)

Claudio
Pages: [1]   Go Up