INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artist Info Suggestion  (Read 1243 times)

bobj

Artist Info Suggestion
« on: June 28, 2002, 03:01:18 am »

MJ 8.0.311
If I'm playing a bunch of tunes and I click on Artist Info, it goes out to AMG and displays information about the artist.  Really nice feature.  I love it.  You couldn't have picked a better web site.
Anyway, when the tune changes and another artist starts I would expect the artist info to change automatically.  Clicking or double clicking on artist info does not do anything.  The only way to get it to update is to move off and then back on to artist info.
I looked in the options to see if this was a selectable option but I could not find anything.
bj

shelly

RE:Artist Info Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 04:53:24 am »

Hi bobj,

You're right, that would be a nice feature to have Artist Info change automatically when moving to the next song.  However, if you switch to Playing Now view, and then single-click Artist Info when the track changes, AMG will change to that artist.  

There's a couple of other ways of using this feature. If you customize your toolbar by adding the Artist Info button, when you click that button, your browser will open externally to that artist.  I often find that navigating within MJ is more convenient, when AMG runs in a separate page.

You might also want to add one the "fungal" track info plug-ins.  Both Fungal Treatment and Fungal Vision have links to AMG and well as other related sites.

Shelly

DocLotus

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 05:24:28 am »

Great feature... I did not know it existed!

I see the Artist Info icon, but can’t find the other Artist Info choices you are talking about.  Where are they?

shelly

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2002, 12:17:23 pm »

Hi DocLotus

The 3 ways I've identified to get to Artist Info are;

1.  Expand Playing Now in the tree. Clicking Artist Info here will open AMG as a window in MJ.

2.  Right click on the toolbar and select customize.  Add Artist Info to the toolbar.  Clicking this button will open your web browser to AMG.

3.  Install "Fungal Treatment" and / or "Fungal Vision" plug-ins.  These can be found on the plug-in page under Display ---> TrackInfo templates.  If you're not familiar with how these work, just ask.  

Shelly

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2002, 12:36:01 pm »

Thanks Shelly... now I know!!

DocLotus

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2002, 12:54:51 pm »

Hi Shelly;

I added both Fungal Plug-Ins.  The screen said installation was successful but I don’t seen them anywhere.  They are not showing up under plug-ins, or under Artist Info.  Any ideas how to activate them?  I do have one Plug-in active… Album view.

shelly

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2002, 02:27:34 pm »

Would someone else be kind enough to respond to DocLotus's request regarding viewing of track info?  I'm just taking off for the lake.  Thanks and have a great weekend all

Shelly

DocLotus

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2002, 05:25:23 pm »

bump

shelly

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2002, 10:35:40 pm »

DocLotus,

Start a song playing and switch to the Playing Now view.  Your content window should be split.  As you bring your curser over the small thin line that separates the top and bottom windows, you'll unhide the toolbar displayed in the image below.  Lots of options are available here, including the track info plug-ins, visualizations, slide show (if you downloaded it.)

Shelly

DocLotus

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2002, 05:26:16 am »

Thanks Shelly;

No wonder I could not find the Plug-in, I was looking for them under the left hand window under Plug-ins .

shelly

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2002, 05:36:27 am »

DocLotus,

If you look back a few weeks, you'll find that I posted the same question regarding the location of the track info templates.  It's logical once you know where to look.

Shelly
Pages: [1]   Go Up