INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't search/scan in some WMV files  (Read 2024 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Can't search/scan in some WMV files
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:31:41 pm »

Hi!

I just played a WMV file in MC15 and I was unable to search/scan inside the file. When moving the position slider it just kept bouncing back to the current position, so even if I watched half of it yesterday I still had to watch the whole video from the beginning today.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I've already changed the splitter and decoder from automatic to Haali and FFDShow under File types. I'm using Windows 7 32bit.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can't search/scan in some WMV files
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:38:55 pm »

You may need to use the Microsoft filters for WMV instead of Haali.  It's the source filter's job to handle seeking, and it sounds like Haali isn't getting it right.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audunth

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:00:53 am »

When I change the splitter for WMV in the File types dialog, it reverts back to Automatic no matter which splitter I select. I just click ok and into the options again and it's back to Automatic. The Other filters and Video renderer selections remain at what I set them to.

I did get it to work properly by selecting Windows Media Engine, but why won't it save my splitter choice using JRiver Engine?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 10:53:22 am »

Source filter for wmv files will always be Microsoft's WM Asf Reader filter.  User selection is ignored.

Regarding seeking problem, please try unchecking "Use WMV acceleration if available" option under "Video".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up