INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sequence button for playlists  (Read 1132 times)

gigglez

• Recent member
Sequence button for playlists
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:52:49 am »

I have a bunch of playlists half of them have a sequence button so i can see what number they are or i can see how many songs are in my playlists
http://content.screencast.com/users/Rawku/folders/Jing/media/bc14d304-e447-455c-8a8c-6c9f0973dbff/2010-04-15_0749.png

But some of my playlists don't have that option and i can't find it
http://content.screencast.com/users/Rawku/folders/Jing/media/5c94bb9a-81b3-44d0-bac4-e64ccbc6aff0/2010-04-15_0751.png

The option isn't listed or missing or something..  weird.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Sequence button for playlists
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:13:43 am »

Perhaps your Playlists without Sequence column are Smartlists or Playlistsgroups?!

You only will be able to see a sequence column for a "normal" Playlists. For those lists you are able to set an order using drag and drop. You add files to a playlist by adding them directly, manually to that list using eg. the "send to" command, the action window or drag and drop.

Selecting a Playlistgroup shows a combination of all files sub-playlists, sub-smartlists and sub-playlistgroups are containing. You can not sort the files shown in a playlistgroup using drag and drop but eg. clicking the column header.

The content of a Smartlist is based on the causative rule. So the content of this list may change based on the content of your library. You are able to change the sorting of this list using logical rules eg. in the smartlisteditor or again by clicking the column headers. Ordering by Drag and Drop is not possible for Smartlists.

gigglez

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:15:05 pm »

Is there a way to see how many current songs are in a list other then using the sequence button?

I just want to know the number of songs or the running time.  I use some of my playlists for working out and I need a certain amount of music or the playlist will repeat to many times and I go insane.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:45:24 pm »

There is! Just look out for the statusbar of MC. You'll find it at the bottom of MCs window. In every view you are able to see, how many files are in current active view. Here is a screenshot:

The info disappears for the time MC is writing tag changes but reappears if this is done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up