INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server could not be registered with JRiver  (Read 8503 times)

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Library Server could not be registered with JRiver
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:02:47 pm »

What does that mean?  I can load my library remotely on another pc over the internet and my home network so, why do I want to "register" with JRiver.  Plus it tells me to configure my firewall and router to allow incoming traffic on the port and I did this and still get this error message everytime I exit the DLNA/UPnP settings.  What am I missing?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Library Server could not be registered with JRiver
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 08:11:55 pm »

It's not working in the current build.  Please try again once a new build is available.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:47:57 am »

Installed 15.0.27 and the error message has gone away.  Thanks.  But, still, what does it mean to be "registered with the j. river server"?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:39:39 am »

Installed 15.0.27 and the error message has gone away.  Thanks.  But, still, what does it mean to be "registered with the j. river server"?
MC can now mail you a key that you can use on another machine to connect to Library Server.  Check Options/Network.

If it won't register, it means that our server cannot find a network path back to Library Server, meaning that no other machine will be able to.

If your IP address changes, it will still redetect it.  Local IP addresses are detected and routed internally instead of onto the Internet and back.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 05:54:18 pm »

OK, thanks.  That sounds interesting.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 06:05:23 am »

I'm having a similar problem after I have switched to a new router.

I get this error message on my server computer where MC is running. The server computer has internet access and the shared folders can be reached by other computers when using Explorer.

Thanks for any help
Hans

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 09:23:28 am »

I got it to work!

It seems like after a couple of more restarts of the computer it works. While switching to a new router I think I have done at least 10 restarts with my computers to get printers etc to work. But it seems like it needed a few more :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up