INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14 Demo to MC 15 Beta  (Read 1810 times)

gr

• Recent member
MC 14 Demo to MC 15 Beta
« on: April 17, 2010, 04:48:18 pm »

Hi guys,

I was using the demo version of MC 14. It expired a few days ago and I have decided to purchase it. I then, click the purchase button and it sent me to a web page. I got a error message saying that it was no longer availabe. After that, I followed the instructions found on the J River page and purchased the MC 15. The instalation went fine, however I have lots of playlist on MC 14 and I can not access them because the program does not open. How can I import all the playlists and data from MC 14 to MC? I have already tried the import button on MC 15 but it could not find the necessary info.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 14 Demo to MC 15 Beta
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 06:10:06 pm »

If you update to the latest MC14, it can use the MC15 license.  You'll find it on the download page or at the top of the MC14 board.  Thanks for your purchase.

gr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 08:21:06 pm »

I purchase a full version of MC 15. After my purchase, both versions (MC14 and MC15) were installed and can be found on my pc. What do you recommend me to do?

sunfire7

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 11:39:44 pm »

I recommend you to keep the MC 15 installation, it has everything that 14 have and will be updated in the future, so why keep the mc 14 installation? Just do a library backup on the 14 and restore it on the 15
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

gr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 11:03:27 am »

I would perform the backup as you said, however the MC 14 does not open, it says that my 30 days trial period has expired and asks me to either purchase, restore or cancel. If I hit purchase, I am redirect to a webpage and I get an error message (this product is no longer for sale); if I hit restore, it asks me to restore from the Internet or from mjr file. I donīt have a registration code for the MC 14 and the MC 15 file does not work on the MC14; if I hit cancel, the program does not start. So, how would I make the backup as you have suggested? I have almost 2Tb of media and lots of playlists....

Regards,

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 11:09:23 am »

If you update to the latest MC14, it can use the MC15 license.

Download the installer from here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56832.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gr

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 11:21:51 am »

As I have said, I didn't purchase MC14, I was using the demo version and it expired.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 11:27:50 am »

And as Jim said, the few latest builds of MC14 show up as registered when you have an MC15 license installed on your operating system.

Just download the installer and install it on top of your current MC14 installation.

After you have updated MC14, create a new library backup file (File > Library > Back Up Library...). Save it to some safe location outside your user profile folders.

You can restore the backup file in MC15 (File > Library > Restore Library...)

If you have cover art files in the default location under the application data folder you may want to back them up separately. For instance, on XP the default location is: C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 14\Cover Art\ .

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gr

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 12:40:15 pm »

Thanks. It worked. Keep up the good job.
Pages: [1]   Go Up