INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Technical Issues - Tearing / Library Import / Mousewheel configration  (Read 1312 times)

avorist

Hi
I have been putting my evaluation copy of MC to the test. So far i'm quite impressed by the program, and it looks like it could be my win-all solution for all media playback tasks in the future.
However, I am experiencing some technical issues which I mostly attribute to me being a novice user and just not finding the right knobs to turn to make the software behave the way I expect it to. I would be really grateful for a bit of help finding the "knobs"...

- I am experiencing a lot of tearing during avi-playback. I understand that this is usually due to v-sync being deactivated. However, my research into this matter has resulted that under Win 7 v-sync is globally activated, and most applications have the option of turning it off to improve performance. However, I could find no settings in MC to check if this is deactivated - or is there some other reason for this behavior?

- While adding my collection of Videos (using Files-Library-Import-Automatic Import) I have noticed that some files simply arent added to the library. I tried deleting the library and reimporting all files, and this seems to be affecting files at random (one time they are not added, another time they are. As an example. I have 24 files of a sitcom (all avis, all encoded the same way)and episode 4, 7, and 10 to 14 arent added. Even if I specifically add that folder, it says "no files were added". If I manually open these using File - open, they playback OK, but still do not appear in my library. Drag-and drop from Windows explorer to the library doesnt work either. The files are all  listed as type "Madia Center File" in Windows. Am I doing something wrong here or is there another way of adding files?

- Is there a way of assigning another function to the mouse wheel? At the moment it zooms the picture, I would like it to control volume levels (as I was used to with Zoom Player). I failed to find settings for this.

I am using Win 7 32 bit, and have Media Center version 14.0.161.

I am really grateful for all help I can get, and thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Technical Issues - Tearing / Library Import / Mousewheel configration
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:34:43 pm »

The tearing may be affected by which video renderer is used.

In MC Options, go to FileTypes, where you can set this on a file basis.  Try switching to JRiver Video Engine DirectShow, then changing the video renderer.

Our wiki has a good article on DirectShow.

avorist

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 11:17:44 am »

Thanks. Switching to another renderer helped.

Is there any way of forcing the Library to add the missing files?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:21:25 am »

MC import has an option that won't import files previously deleted.

Options has a search window in the upper right corner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up