INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail Text broken?  (Read 1495 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Thumbnail Text broken?
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:40:30 am »

I would like to display an album name, and then the artist underneath in Thumbnail view.

Unfortunately, the Thumbnail Text option does not seem to work: sometimes I just get the album name repeated.

See this image: http://www.villamil.org/images/mc15_thumbtext.jpg

You can see that the album is called "7" and the artist is "Apoptygma Berzerk", yet the preview shows "7" twice.  The expression I'm using is shown in the window.

What's up with this?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Thumbnail Text broken?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:08:03 am »

I've just checked this here and all appears to be well.

So, I guess the first thing you need to check is the contents of the [album artist] field for the offending albums.

If the [album artist] field is populated, then this is the information shown in the [album artist (auto)] field. (this is where the 'auto' bit kicks in)

The "7" album is as good a place to start as any. If the album name is in the [album artist] field, then that is the cause of your problem. Clear the [album artist] field for those tracks and all should be good.

If it helps at all, the following search will return all tracks where the [album artist] field matches the [album] field: [=isequal([album artist],[album])]=1
Copy/paste the blue text into the search field when viewing your albums.

This thread, while quite old, is still applicable today and is as good an explanation of how the auto field works, and when you might find that useful, as you'll find anywhere.

regards,
-marko.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:52:17 am »

OK, the Album Artist field is in fact populated incorrectly. How do I go about clearing this field for multiple albums?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:46:23 am »

Make sure that the [album artist] field is visible in the tag window.
Load you're Albums view scheme and use the search string I provided above in the search field.
Select all files.
Select Album Artist in the tag window. Clear the contents.
Clear the search field.

All good?

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up