INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Create a Custom View to see MP3's from a Stack?  (Read 1261 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
How to Create a Custom View to see MP3's from a Stack?
« on: April 21, 2010, 03:58:38 pm »

A couple of questions came up on the  MC iTunes Synchronize (using MC with an iPhone or iPod Touch) http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51734.550 post that I'd like to check:

Can I create a View that shows me all MP3 including these from a Stack without having to "Expand" the Stack?  Eg - at present I have the following view created, but unless I select all items in another view and "Right Click --> Stack --> Expand Stack" these MP3's in the stack will not show.  I then have to "Collapse Stacks" when I am finished to rehide them in my normal view.

Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to Create a Custom View to see MP3's from a Stack?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:44:57 am »

Add the modifier "Limit Database To | All"

[File Type]=[mp3] ~d=a ~sort=[Album Artist (auto)],[Album],[Disc #],[Track #],[Name]

EDIT: You might need to untick the "Use parent scheme rules..." option before this will work. If that causes other issues, you'll need to amend the rules for this view to compensate. Also note that if you have any mp3 files on optical discs and MC has a record of them in the CD/DVD database, then these will also be included in the list by the "All Databases" modifier. Consider some [Volume Name] rules to exclude those if that applies to you.

Also consider adding the "Stack Icon" column to your file list as this will help identify those file in stacks and those not.
Clicking on the stack icon for a given file expands that stack. If the other stack members are not mp3 files, it will appear as though nothing has happened, but the stack will have been expanded. Click the icon again to collapse.
From this view, you can access and work on the files without worry, but always remember that as far as MC is concerned, the stack is collapsed.

This little snippet, if you want it, will limit the file list to only include files that are in stacks: -[stack top]=-1

regards,
-marko.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 03:09:54 am »

Marco you are the d'base king for this stuff!!!! - it (mostly) now works as intended - will have to play on one issue then I will get back...
Thanks
nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 04:42:19 am »

Thanks Marco - it works as advertised and I'll post an update in the MC iTunes Synchronize.  The oddity was I had one album of 320kbps MP3 that had a stack of lower res MP3 and this view was showing three resutls, the stack, the 320 and the lower rest ones.  Thing is I'm not sure how I created such a stack in the first place.....

Edit: Found the issue - I've got my library referenced using UNC and at present UNC does not work as a filepath for create the stack so I used a relative file path for testing, now in this view scheme I see an entry for each file twice, once for the UNC and once for the relative file path.  I'll have to wait till the bug is fixed.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up