INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacks - Any way of create these apart from under HH Devices?  (Read 1096 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

A couple of questions came up on the  MC iTunes Synchronize (using MC with an iPhone or iPod Touch) http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51734.550 post that I'd like to check:

Can I create Stack Profile and run it regularly (or Automatically)?  At present I can create a Stack with a MP3 Version of the music I want but I have to first create a Handheld device then initially and periodically manually go to the "Build cache for the selected handheld" option.  I never want to "sync" to this device, I just want to create the stacks with the specified version of the audio file.  

Is there a more elegant way of doing this as in this case, I just want to stack a MP3 version of all tacks that are not already in MP3 format?

Thanks
Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Stacks - Any way of create these apart from under HH Devices?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 05:27:34 pm »

I'd like to have the same thing.  I requested this in MC 14.  It would be great to be able to view/edit an HH profile even while the device is not connected.   I'd like to see the HH cache separated from HH profiles such that HH profiles select which Cache or stack items to use.   This way, audio stacks can be created, and an HH profile selects which stack items to use.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Stacks - Any way of create these apart from under HH Devices?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:30:16 pm »

On a related topic: I could not see one but Is there a "MCC" for "build cache for selected handheld"?
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up