INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Formats Supported - Only JPEG? No PNG?  (Read 1431 times)

menelsonga

Cover Art Formats Supported - Only JPEG? No PNG?
« on: April 21, 2010, 06:27:57 pm »

Hi everyone,

I'm a newb at J River Media Center and have been searching for an answer to my one headache (so far) with MC. About half of my FLAC library has embedded .png files as cover art. I can't find a way to make that show up in MC version 14.

Can anyone help? I'm trying to avoid a procedure where I'd have to extract the png's, convert to jpeg's, then re-embed them...

Thanks!

Mark in Atlanta

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art Formats Supported - Only JPEG? No PNG?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:09:18 pm »

Odd, I just tested this and everything seems to be working fine. How did you embed the cover art? Do you have another player that will display the cover art? If not, try downloading Mp3Tag and check a few files.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

menelsonga

Re: Cover Art Formats Supported - Only JPEG? No PNG?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:15:50 pm »

Regarding your test, that's promising. Hopefully there's a tweak somewhere I can apply... I just haven't been able to see a list of file types it considers valid, so I can check for .png in that list.

Regarding how I embedded them, I suspect most of these are where I used mp3tag's Tag Copy / Tag Paste functionality to copy over tags from .mp3's of the same albums. Those images are from iTunes, and probably originated through iTunes' Get Cover Art function...

Regarding another player to view them, I don't have one for Flac's, but I can see them fine in mp3tag. If I add the 'mime type' to the columns I'm viewing I see 'image/png'. All of which don't display in J River, in contrast to all my jpeg's displaying fine.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up