INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for WebPlay and WebRemote  (Read 42171 times)

klockk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Support for WebPlay and WebRemote
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2010, 12:39:37 am »

Great timing!!! I have been looking for something like this so I cna use my nifty new phone to access my Music at Home!!

I notice Gizmo status a Java IllegalState Exception quite often.... ??

Also seems like if signal is lost.. and regained, it restarts all over, as oposed to startign where it left off..? (Maybe this is just because of the way the music is streaming.... but seems liek it woudl get annoyign after a while...

Would also be nice if Gizmo told me which song it was playing in the list of songs in the play list...?

Are there plans for Gizmo to display this info, possibly along with AlbumArt?

So far, I haven't been able to get it to play for than about 3 tracks then it stops.. :(

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2010, 12:07:40 am »

Thanks shAf!  If it makes a difference, our development efforts will be spent more on the Android side, where we feel welcome.

Another reason to be happy about my new EVO.  my 4G seems to cap at 2.3 Mbps or so, which is a bit of a letdown, but better than .8 :)

WebPlay took me a while to get working, but it is excellent.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=57910.msg393307#msg393307

I'm really looking forward to your efforts in this area.
pretend this is something funny

iwf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2010, 06:11:32 am »

Having recently bought into iPhones and more recently ipads i've a question about Webremote. I perfectly understand the effort around Android. But webremote seems the perfect solution for controlling MC and one many of us have been waiting for years. I trace my ownership back to Version 10 and I'm happy buying the upgrades to support further development.

I just hope you don't give up on us poor apple owners :-)

Anyhow to my question. Anyone doing any work around 'skins' for webremote. I guess it's just HTML.

Regards and that's for a brilliant product

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2010, 12:35:53 pm »

yawn.... "poor apple users" My gf has a iphone and its been working 50-60 % better then my winmo device.  apple schmapple. i been here since ver.9, had an htc smartphone way before apple thought of making a phone
so please give full support to winmo!

apple, blackberry,android, webos users... how bout just make it fair and stable for all the platforms, so every one gets a delicious bite of the pie.

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2010, 05:01:45 pm »

Can the team indicate whether a search facility will be available as part of webremote soon? Alternatively, an alphanumeric sidebar which will let me skip to a band name or album etc would be a great feature which will make webremote so much more usable!

edgarau

« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2010, 11:15:37 pm »

Dear Gentlemen, when I use the Webplay function in my iphone/quicktime, all my lossless .wav files were automatically transcoded to mp3 down to the phone. Is it possible to bypass the transcoding process so that the .wav files can be directly streamed to the player??

I already did the following config in MC15:
Network --> Library Server Client --> Conversion:Don't convert audio / Encoder: Uncompresed stream

Thanks in advance!

nodyad

• Recent member
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2010, 10:06:31 am »

... Anyone doing any work around 'skins' for webremote. I guess it's just HTML.

The various HTML page templates for WebPlay are in C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 15\Data\WebRemote\Default on your music server (and also in the companion WebRemote dir). Just edit the default.css file to change the basic rendering of the served pages. For example, the default body background color is given as #CCCCCC, which you can change to a different color or even to an image. The folks at nodethirtythree.com who provided this skin have some related samples you can get extension ideas from at http://nodethirtythree.com/free_templates.html. These are not direct replacements for the default WebRemote layout, but you can probably rewire the CSS files for those templates into WebRemote. I'm happy enough with the default theme, but this info gives you the "key to the kingdom" for reskinning on your own time.
--
Don Day

Bobalou044

• Recent member
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2010, 07:37:43 am »

Love Webplay!... use it around the house via my laptop and Android phone (Moto Droid) through my LAN; but my issue is still not being able to access my library from outside my network.  The firewall on the server end is configured correctly (Zonealarm), so I'm thinkin' it's the router (a DLink 615).  I have the virtual server set with port 52199 and port forwarding set with range 52100 - 52199, but I still cannot get a connection when I'm, say, at work.

Any tips or ideas that I might be overlooking would be a big help!

Thanks in advance guys for your help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2010, 07:45:07 am »

Love Webplay!... use it around the house via my laptop and Android phone (Moto Droid) through my LAN; but my issue is still not being able to access my library from outside my network.  The firewall on the server end is configured correctly (Zonealarm), so I'm thinkin' it's the router (a DLink 615).  I have the virtual server set with port 52199 and port forwarding set with range 52100 - 52199, but I still cannot get a connection when I'm, say, at work.

Any tips or ideas that I might be overlooking would be a big help!

Thanks in advance guys for your help.
From outside the network, you need to use the "outside" address of your modem.  Go to http://www.whatsmyip.org to see it.

Under MC Options for MediaNetwork, there is a "Test" feature.  It uses our server to test the connection from outside.

Bobalou044

• Recent member
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2010, 09:40:24 am »

Thanks Jim!  I'll give that a try when I get back home.   I know that I used the 192.168.x.xxx address for the router - that must be the LAN address then?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2010, 09:57:28 am »

Right.   More here.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2010, 09:14:28 am »

WebPlay is working with .170 (to iPhone & iPad) but what about cover art? It shows up in Playlists, Albums, etc as thumbnails, but no cover Art during playback.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2011, 02:46:15 pm »

With the better support for video I've been trying webplay with a few of my friends' devices - an Android phone and an iPad. It works great for music, but video doesn't work. Neither of the devices supports Flash. Is that a requirement for video? I couldn't find any mention of it in the Wiki or anywhere else.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2011, 02:50:33 pm »

Flash is required for video, and Apple thinks Flash is a bad idea.

But it will work on Android if you install Flash.  Search the Market on the phone.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2011, 10:38:17 am »

Thanks, Jim. The Android phone I was trying to use doesn't support flash. It is a known issue with the phone and is related to the CPU/processor being used.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2011, 10:50:52 am »

Thanks, Jim. The Android phone I was trying to use doesn't support flash. It is a known issue with the phone and is related to the CPU/processor being used.
My favorite remote is the Samsung Galaxy Tab.  I have both the 7 inch and the 10 inch Tab.  They have two sizes coming that should be interesting.  Something like 7.7" and 8.9".

I usually don't turn on a monitor to play music now.  I just use a Tab.  It's quick and uses less power.

wer

« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2011, 05:25:51 pm »

Flash is required for video, and Apple thinks Flash is a bad idea.

But it will work on Android if you install Flash.  Search the Market on the phone.

I've been looking around trying to find if Webplay for video is actually supposed to work for the Iphone, and this is the closest statement I've found.

If I understand this right, video doesn't work for the iphone because of lack of flash, and there's no intention to have JRiver automatically transcode to some more universal streaming format (youtube/quicktime/whatever).

Is that right, no webplay-video for iphone?

Thanks...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up