INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for WebPlay and WebRemote  (Read 42166 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Support for WebPlay and WebRemote
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2010, 02:06:35 am »

any of you guys gotten video to work?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 02:40:53 am »

Nope
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 03:10:27 am »

ya know i was thinking..being jriver made a android app, they will be making a winmo one as well.(hoping) think they could use that code for keeping wifi on, on our device? build that code right into the app for winmo device? or would that be running into legal issues? we could maybe ask dede for permission?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2010, 08:11:49 am »

I seem to have WebRemote working on my iPhone.

But how does when control a client connected to the Master via Library Server?

I don't see any There zones when connected via LAN.

Do I have to configure the client to use DLNA etc. and I will be able to control that instance even though it is running a served library?

thanks

Epithet

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2010, 02:21:56 pm »

Hi
Pocktplayer does not respond. This is very dissapointing.   WebPlay no longer plays on hd2.  I hope JRiver deilvers a stable solution soon.

Tony

HTPC4ME

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2010, 02:46:47 pm »

work for me on newest version. htc hd2 with pocktplayer

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2010, 03:32:42 pm »

Hi
Pocktplayer does not respond. This is very dissapointing.   WebPlay no longer plays on hd2.  I hope JRiver deilvers a stable solution soon.

Tony

Perhaps the viewscheme presented via the DLNA service contains too many records for the bandwidth available.
How about restrict it to audio only and one specific artist only?  Then report back if it fails to respond with even that small amount of data.
Also you might want to report what it's showing in the server status display window.  Might provide some insight to the staff about what's going on.
From what there is to work with here, we don't even know if it's connecting or not, let along where in the process it's failing.  Help the staff help you by providing details.
Not being snarky, just trying to get you on a path to quicker resolution.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2010, 05:17:22 pm »

Hi
Pocktplayer does not respond. This is very dissapointing.   WebPlay no longer plays on hd2.  I hope JRiver deilvers a stable solution soon.

Tony

Tony the JR folk are actively working on WinMo support but there are a few issues to sort out.  At present I can confirm that you can play MP3's to Coreplayer (in a M3U playlist) on WinMo 6.5, HTC2.  There are currently some issues trying to transcode non-MP3 (some convert, some don't) and at this stage I'm not getting any joy with WMP either.
JRiver CEO Elect

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2010, 10:19:17 pm »

I'm using the WebRemote on my Android phone and it works fine for playback of music on my htpc (mp3 files) but it doesn't seem polished or practical to use since I have such a large mp3 library. I have over 10K songs and when I click a subfolder from my phone it tries to rendor every album or every song or every artist I have in that folder. It takes like 5 minutes to try to rendor a web page with 100's thumbnails of album art or artists and especially 10K individual songs.  Is there a way to configure how the page displays/rendors on my cell phone so it's a little more user friendly to navigate & use.  For example set the limit to how many albums are rendored to the page to may 20, or how many songs are rendored to the page like 50?  It just seems to me that trying to rendor everything within the music folder is not a very user friendly design.  That shouldn't be something I should even have to configure or at least the default should be set to a small or a reasonable number. 

Can anyone help me with this one.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2010, 10:34:08 pm »

just got back from my first stroll outside the home network. only complaint i have is.... JRiver can ya call up qwest for me in minneapolis and ask em why the heck there slow in raising my upload speeds? Thanks ;D

works great though :) when i chose to play my dance mix about 1800 songs, the file was 3.5mb and took about 25-40 seconds to load.... grrr now i have my toy and i'm limited to 800 up :(

i def won't be able to stream my movies with that speed. but once they up it.. i'll be switching my plan :)

thanks so much!!!!!

5 star ratings? :P

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2010, 11:37:33 pm »

Is there a way to configure how the page displays/rendors on my cell phone so it's a little more user friendly to navigate & use.  For example set the limit to how many albums are rendored to the page to may 20, or how many songs are rendored to the page like 50?

Tools > Options > Network > Library Server > WebRemote > Customize Views > Set Rules for File Display.
 Filter out certain genres or stuff you don't need remotely.
Works just like setting up viewschemes.
Group items like Artists A-C, D-F, etc. so smaller groups of records are retrieved at a time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2010, 07:06:16 am »

You can customize a view to divide it by letters, A-D, E-G, and so on.

You could also browse by genre to limit the number.

We're still working on it.

Epithet

• Recent member
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2010, 11:33:48 am »

Apologies for the short (terse?) post earlier.

As I said previously, on a good 3G signal or Wifi connection my hd2 loaded with Coreplayer was happily playing mp3, ape and flac sources via Webplay on MC build .38. However, the hd2/Coreplayer now plays only mp3 sources. Coreplayer struggles to play converted sources such as flac. The .m3u file downloads onto the hd2 and Coreplayer opens but I get only intermittent 1 second bursts of audio. Others have sugested Pocketplayer but after downloading the .m3u file Pocketplayer fails to launch.

zxsix and jmone - Thanks you for your helpful replies. I guess I will just have to be patient. I'm sure jriver will delivers the goods for Winmo devices eventually.

Tony

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2010, 04:40:35 pm »

zxsix and jmone - Thanks you for your helpful replies. I guess I will just have to be patient. I'm sure jriver will delivers the goods for Winmo devices eventually.

In another thread they indicated that WinMo will be getting some attention next week.
Wouldn't hurt to provide them with a log file before them if it shows anything interesting.
I'm not sure how much logging they've built into the area yet since it's so new.

Bobalou044

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2010, 09:58:58 pm »

I have a Motorola Droid that I cannot get to use Webplay on any of the browsers that I've downloaded onto my phone.  Famu97... which browser are you using (and which phone do you have)?  All I get are google search results with no connection to my server.  My router and firewall are both ok - I can use Webplay from my laptop.

Any suggestions?! 

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 07:37:38 am »

If you're getting search insted of connecting to your server, the address may be wrong.  The standard browser works for me on a Google Nexus.  The other possibility is that the router isn't allowing it.

Make sure you are using the latest build from the top of the MC15 board.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2010, 12:14:40 pm »

Motorola Droid with stock browser works fine.

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2010, 06:07:24 pm »

Motorola Droid with stock browser works fine.

Yes, same here.

Bobalou044

• Recent member
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2010, 09:10:20 pm »

Thanks for the replies.  I obviously don't have my router set up correctly - I can connect using Webplay to my htpc server through my network using my desktop but when I tried to connect from my wife's work... nothing.

I'll mess around with it again - I've got a D-Link DIR-615 if anyone has some more suggestions.

By the way... I love this forum.  I might not post a lot but the information I get from all of you is priceless!

Thanks again.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2010, 09:32:16 pm »

Nice of you to say so.  Thanks.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2010, 09:35:48 pm »

Bobalou044... is it possible your ip is changing?

Bobalou044

• Recent member
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2010, 09:52:07 pm »

No, I have the ip address locked via the router - I'm also going to check my firewall settings.  That could also be a source of my problem... hopefully some headway can be made tonight, but it's getting late.   :-[

UPDATE: It was my settings for the firewall (Zonealarm) that was messed up!  Just started working on my Moto Droid - I'll check to see how the connection is at work tomorrow!

Thanks guys!  As usual JRiver MC is awesome... well worth the looks that my wife gives me when I'm tinkering around with my htpc!!   ;D
Only thing left is TV!

lazy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 03:30:57 pm »

WebPlay still not working on a HD2 winmo phone in .48. I do get the M3U to the phone and TCPMP says it plays, ie timer advancing, but no sound, or just noise. Tried all sorts of settings, but no luck. Any suggestions ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 03:36:21 pm »

Wait a few builds.  MC's WinMo support still needs work.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 03:43:24 pm »

Any screenshots (wiki) of what we should see on an iPhone.

I can stream audio but I have a gray Quicktime screen with no cover art, no title, no metadata of any kind.

Just need a clarification on iPhone capabilities with WebPlay etc.

thanks

HTPC4ME

« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2010, 03:53:14 pm »

HIFI.. my gf's iphone works great... but like you when doing webplay no cover arts on her iphone.

lazy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2010, 05:08:52 pm »

Thanks Jim, I can wait. It was really promising when it worked. Keep up the good work !

Scar3crow

• Recent member
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2010, 03:01:00 am »

Small issue I've encountered with WebPlay using the Android app:

Changing the orientation of the phone between portrait/landscape stops playback and seems to reload the playlist.

Otherwise it all seems to work quite well, and I am loving the progress we're seeing on the mobile features.

(HTC Desire on 2.1)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2010, 05:11:27 am »

15.0.49 or above will provide a graphical look for our Gizmo application on Android.  Run Webplay on the phone, install Gizmo, then return to Webplay to select music.  This is still a work in progress.

jcr102

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2010, 03:13:53 pm »

I've connected to the webplay page on my IPhone locally and online, but when I click to play something, there's no audio.  Any suggestions on that?  Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2010, 03:28:45 pm »

I've connected to the webplay page on my IPhone locally and online, but when I click to play something, there's no audio.  Any suggestions on that?  Thanks.

Make sure you have build 15.0.49 (or newer installed).

It should launch the QuickTime player on the phone when you play.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lazy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2010, 04:26:33 pm »

Works again on HD2 with tcpmp. Brilliant ! Thanks.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2010, 05:54:52 pm »

you guys planning on a winmo app like the android?

thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2010, 09:45:49 pm »

you guys planning on a winmo app like the android?

thanks

+1 on this one....  I had a play with PlugPlayer on the sons iPhone and it is just a great little app.....now if we had something like that for WinMo (I find the current options of WMP, CorePlayer, Pocket Player etc are not that stunning....)

xtacbyme, I say you posts over at CorePlayer & Pocket Player, did you get any answers on when their updates are ever comming out?
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2010, 11:27:22 pm »

nope.  only reply is there working on it, they will not say what it will support what the features will be, or when the release will be. 

Jmone what your opinion or best best player asthetically?

mine is pocket player by far. the core is just terrible, personally 29.00 wasted.

now pocket i'd pay the 20 if they would just open up support for the same filetypes as core.

anywho thats why i asked if there will be app.. cause now that jriver has made webplay\webremote i'll be basically streaming everything unless i loose data connection. but then again like jriver software for pc it would be nice to incorporate jriver into pocketplayer, making it like jriver the all in one cell player.

CRAW

Problems with Iphone on 3G
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2010, 11:18:42 am »

Hey guys,
So I'm trying to get WebPlay to work on my iphone over 3G.  It works fine on my home network wi-fi, but I'm unable to get it to work outside the house.  Port 52199 is forwarded on my router, and the server is registered with j. river.  In the log, it shows the attempts (ssdp request for service, etc.) but the server always times out on the phone.  Any ideas?
Thanks,
craw

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2010, 11:24:53 am »

When you make a connection from outside your network, you connect to the outside IP address of the router.  You can use a service to find it.  From your home machine, go to this address:
http://www.whatsmyip.org/

After that, router forwarding should go to the machine MC is running on.

CRAW

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2010, 11:34:12 am »

Thanks, Jim--works great!  Much appreciated...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2010, 02:53:28 am »

nope.  only reply is there working on it, they will not say what it will support what the features will be, or when the release will be. 

Jmone what your opinion or best best player asthetically?

mine is pocket player by far. the core is just terrible, personally 29.00 wasted.

now pocket i'd pay the 20 if they would just open up support for the same filetypes as core.

anywho thats why i asked if there will be app.. cause now that jriver has made webplay\webremote i'll be basically streaming everything unless i loose data connection. but then again like jriver software for pc it would be nice to incorporate jriver into pocketplayer, making it like jriver the all in one cell player.

I don't like any of them at present (too many issues with all of them).  I like the simple IF that you get with PlugPlayer on the iPhone as I want a simple IF that you can browse and play from.  I don't mind if the tracks are passed to another player to just "play" them so WebPlay is OK but it just does not work with WinMo at the moment for me.
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2010, 10:54:19 am »

hmmm today i went into webplay and choose ratings 5 then genre, dance, and chose to shuffle all my dance about 1500 songs, its worked flawlessly until today no update today either....  when i chose dance it downloads a asx file only 234 kb.( it use to download a 2.5 MB file for dance music) then it opens in pocket player but only plays ONE song.... any ideas whats happened?
thanks

Epithet

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2010, 04:00:19 am »

Webplay restored!  ;D  Thanks JRiver Looking forward to future Webplay developments.

Coreplayer/Webplay playing all audio sources in response to "open" download.
The evaluation version of PocketPlayer will only play if I save the .m3u file. I can't get Pocketplayer to accept .m3u as a file association in the options 

Very happy to persevere with Coreplayer pending developments.

Excellent thread!!

Tony

shAf

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2010, 07:29:06 am »

Thank you JRiver for Webplay!! ... I predicted it some time ago ...
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=48630.msg333223#msg333223 ...,
but it would seem that such features do take time for standards to settle into place, as well for the time+$$ and all the work.

This summer I'm stuck with the decision for another PDA, and I'm still stuck with the very expensive decision ... will it be the new iPhone or Android??   ?

Thank you again for Media Center!!   :-*
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2010, 07:30:49 am »

Thanks shAf!  If it makes a difference, our development efforts will be spent more on the Android side, where we feel welcome.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2010, 10:02:17 am »

That woulda been nice to know within the 14 day return time for tmobile.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2010, 05:51:46 pm »

FYI - Here is the Garnter 2009 sales figures for the SmartPhone market (as apposed to units in circulation) but you get the idea.

Thanks shAf!  If it makes a difference, our development efforts will be spent more on the Android side, where we feel welcome.

If you want a nice big WinMo hug will that help?
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2010, 06:13:30 pm »

Affection will buy you a lot of things, but I'm not selling, thanks in any case.

2009 is a long time ago.

Matt has a Google phone.  I have a Google phone.  I bet you can add.  Android is an uninhabited niche for us.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2010, 08:55:38 pm »

will there be any support what so ever for us winmo users?  i'm really hoping so, and so are alot of my friends who use winmo

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2010, 09:16:10 pm »

Probably.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2010, 09:33:31 pm »

Great News.. Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2010, 11:06:06 pm »

2009 is a long time ago.
  5 months is an age in computing.....The only later ones I can find is "apparently" Gartners Q1 2010 figures (below) - about the same except it shows the rise of Android's recent sales.  Both of these are misleading anyway as you would be looking at the installed base out there (as apposed to a full year 2009 and Q1 2010 sales) - and it is big for any of the OS.

Matt has a Google phone.  I have a Google phone.  I bet you can add.
  Sorry forgot the "JR Quotant"  ;D
  Probably
Thanks!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up