INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reorganizing the tree?  (Read 2103 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
reorganizing the tree?
« on: April 24, 2010, 02:37:26 pm »

to be clear, i would love a tree that the user can set up him self. but as it is now, could notes please be moved to services. its nice and i use it to have phone numbers available in Theater View, just like i think the last fm plug, downloads and the scheduler is nice, but so prominent. its status does not equal what it does.
on the other hand, my computer under drives and devices is a bit far (and underdeveloped?) for such a tool. should it not be the otherway around. drives and devices are part of my computer.  ;)

ah well..

:)
gab

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: reorganizing the tree?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:50:51 am »

to be clear, i would love a tree that the user can set up him self.

Oh, wouldn't that be lovely.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 05:01:46 pm »

..fully agree...not agree that notes is a service its -> data as music...i hope some day the tree is fully user customizable via drag & drop (read some posts about playing now @ top), also be able to rename the Audio, video etc (instead of using gappie way  :)
MT5FR

gappie

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 02:25:09 am »

no, imo notes are not as music, a note should be like a post-it thingy you can put on a (pile of) cd's or images with a note about something that you want to remember or something like that, or on the side of your screen. it is just an other value in the database, not as music connected to a file. BUT it can import an adresbook.
for now (that i did not try it before  :P ) it seems to work to import adresses, and disable notes in the features. they still show up in thv.

and yes, a simple way to rename audio and video...  8)

gab

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:17:56 am »

to be clear, i would love a tree that the user can set up him self. but as it is now, could notes please be moved to services. its nice and i use it to have phone numbers available in Theater View, just like i think the last fm plug, downloads and the scheduler is nice, but so prominent. its status does not equal what it does.

I agree. Notes shouldn't be more prominent than, lets say, Television, IMO. I suggest that "Notes" gets moved to "Services & Plugins"

dcwebman

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 07:57:21 am »

I'm not sure if I agree that Notes should be in Services & Plug-ins. If that's so, then Documents should probably be too. But no doubt you should be able to re-order the main items in the tree.
Jeff

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:04:44 am »

I would like this too.  I also would like to be able to hide some of the root items (without taking away the associated feature).  Additionally it would be nice to have icons at the root level to quickly distinguish between the various items.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:15:01 am »

That has long been my wish as well.

. . . the game is rigged

gappie

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 08:16:24 am »

Additionally it would be nice to have icons at the root level to quickly distinguish between the various items.
yes.. that would be nice to. and maybe make the list you can choose from a bit bigger. now you can only see for instance, the people icon in the tree when tree browsing is supported. something i only use when the tree wont explode. but it would make a nice extra if i could choose it for my people view in images..  8)

gab

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 10:39:45 am »

I'm not sure if I agree that Notes should be in Services & Plug-ins.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this either.  I also would rather keep the My Computer (which I just about NEVER use, that's what Windows Explorer is for) under the Drives and Devices item to keep it out of the way.

No one is ever going to agree on this stuff perfectly.  I figure we just have to kowtow to whatever JRiver decides, learn to live with it, and complain loudly if something is REALLY badly positioned.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up