INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I automate transfering library fields between libraries?  (Read 1040 times)

jiistme

• Recent member
Can I automate transfering library fields between libraries?
« on: April 24, 2010, 02:41:32 pm »

I cannot find a way to transfer tags that I have in one library to another library. I have a library on my NAS that is shared between a couple of computers. In that library, I have a tag for my MP3 files that I added to the library. I verified that the tag is being added to the ID3v2 tag. On one of my computers I have a second library that has all my MP3 files copied locally so that I can still listen to them even when I am not connected to my network. My problem is that I cannot find a way to automate the library fields I added in my shared library to come across in my local library. In local mode, I am not as concerned that the library fields come across setup identical to the shared library, but I would at least like the tags to show up so I can search on them and show them in my views.

Do I have to manually create those fields or am I missing something? Or, alternately, is there some completely different way of dealing with a networked and local library simultaneously that I should consider using?

Thank you,
Aaron
Pages: [1]   Go Up