INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPnP Playing to WDTV Live: track timing ?  (Read 3036 times)

TonyG

UPnP Playing to WDTV Live: track timing ?
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:53:41 pm »

Apologies if this question has been answered before and I've just not found the answer.

I'm using MC (both v14 and v15) to control a WDTV Live (playing audio only). This works perfectly EXCEPT that a few seconds after each track starts, MC changes the track time displayed in the top bar to a nonsense value (frequently 2:48). Then, if the ACTUAL track time is shorter than this "nonsense" value everything seems to play just fine; if the displayed track time is LESS than the actual track time MC cuts the track off abruptly just before it ends, and immediately launches into the next track. Somewhat disconcerting to say the least!

Setup is Windows 7, DLNA/UPnp server set to stream as wave. Sound quality is excellent...apart from those tracks getting chopped short!

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: UPnP Playing to WDTV Live: track timing ?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 07:31:50 am »

I don't remember the details, but I believe this was corrected in MC15.  It's available in a thread at the top of the MC15 board.

TonyG

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 01:48:01 am »

I don't remember the details, but I believe this was corrected in MC15.  It's available in a thread at the top of the MC15 board.

For me at least MC 15.0.31 seems to have exactly the same problem. I notice in the DLNA log that there are a lot of messages along the lines of "SSDP server requested type not found..." Is this normal?

Something that just occurred to me - is the version of the WDTV Live firmware significant? My device is still using the earliest official WD version (1.01.00)...I've been reluctant to upgrade as the device is generally working fine and at least some of the subsequent official versions seem to have caused problems.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 07:28:27 am »

Something that just occurred to me - is the version of the WDTV Live firmware significant? My device is still using the earliest official WD version (1.01.00)...I've been reluctant to upgrade as the device is generally working fine and at least some of the subsequent official versions seem to have caused problems.
Definitely upgrade the firmware.

TonyG

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 03:58:22 am »

Definitely upgrade the firmware.

Any suggestions as to WD firmware version? The latest official version from Western Digital (like at least several others they've released) is junk as far as MC14 & 15 are concerned...installing (for instance) WD 1.02.21 breaks stuff that did work (such as playing streaming audio URLs). Maybe there's a magic combination of DLNA settings I haven't discovered yet (he says hopefully!)

BTW video streaming to the WD unit from MC14/15 works great for me - just wish I could get this software to a point where I didn't also need Tversity and Asset to play audio via the WDTV Live.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 12:17:26 pm »

I am using the 1.02.21 version here. We only use it for DLNA, I've never even tried the streaming URL's. Try generic DLNA and change the encoder from mp3 to wave if you haven't already (convert when necessary).

TonyG

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:21:36 pm »

I am using the 1.02.21 version here. We only use it for DLNA, I've never even tried the streaming URL's. Try generic DLNA and change the encoder from mp3 to wave if you haven't already (convert when necessary).

Using WD 1.01.00 firmware, you can open (say) a Shoutcast link in MC, select the option to save the URL, set the player options so that MC Plays To the WDTV Live and hit start on the saved URL...and away it goes beautifully (although I find you need to set the encoder to always convert to wave in order to avoid pops in the audio). Change the WD firmware to 1.02.21 and it still plays...except that MC and the WDTV Live create huge numbers of TCP connections to the point where the system eventually crashes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up