INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Report: Pop-Up Preview Cover Art Whack-a-Mole.  (Read 1123 times)

kid_id

• Recent member
Bug Report: Pop-Up Preview Cover Art Whack-a-Mole.
« on: April 26, 2010, 08:05:42 pm »

I just upgraded from MC13 to 15. So far I absolutely love it. The new features have been excellent and I'm shocked you guys came up with even more ways to customize views. I am having one slight issue so far with video cover art.

When I first imported my old library, some of my files had their cover art replaced. Specifically the first episode in a handful of random TV series, and always with the same image (the first season of Numb3rs.) I didn't think much about it and assumed something was messed up with the paths when I switched to 15. I replaced all the afflicted cover art and everything was fine for a couple of days, but now I seem to have a whole whack-a-mole situation going on with video art.

While the first problem actually applied to the cover art associated with the file, the newest one seems to only be affecting the preview pop-up.

As you can see from the tag window, the correct art is associated with the file, but the pop-up is showing another picture entirely. Then, if I re-add the cover art again:

It appears to have fixed the problem, but then if I go to another series

There it is again. It's always of the last image I added. Only the first video in a series. And it doesn't affect all of them, just a handful of random series.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug Report: Pop-Up Preview Cover Art Whack-a-Mole.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 03:54:55 pm »

Double-check what the 'Image File' column is pointing to.

It's possible it points to Folder.jpg (or some other disk file) that is getting changed.  If this happens, the thumbnail could be an old stale image and the tooltip will load the current image on the disk.

If this is the issue, we need to figure out how and why an image on disk is getting switched.  Any ideas?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kid_id

• Recent member
Re: Bug Report: Pop-Up Preview Cover Art Whack-a-Mole.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 04:39:25 pm »

I just realized the issue...

"Pilot."

The way images are saved causes the file "C:\blah\blah\Media Center 15\Cover Art\Video - Pilot.jpg" to constantly be over-written by the last thing I tagged.
This would theoretically happen with any video files that have identical titles, but it's especially problematic since the first episode of most shows is titled "pilot"

I was trying to figure out why it was only the first episode in a series and only in some series, but it only has to do with the title of the video within MC.

Seems like it'll be an issue for anyone with a sizable TV collection. Would it be possible to change how videos are saved to reflect the file-name rather than the title?
Pages: [1]   Go Up