INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Album Type" tag problem  (Read 2549 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
"Album Type" tag problem
« on: April 27, 2010, 04:54:40 am »

I have an album composed of multiple artists, and if I try to "move/rename" it with the "assorted" directory enabled, it doesn't work because the tag 'Album Type' is confused and not editable. One of the tracks shows "Single artist (complete)", while all others show "Single Artist (incomplete)".  As is, MC15 moves all tracks to directories defines as IAW 'Artist/Album'.  Please advise ...

TIA :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

Re: "Album Type" tag problem
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 02:51:12 pm »

Hmmmm ... no response, so I moved these files the hard way.  However, they are still inappropriately tagged, and I'd appreciate knowing how to fix them, ... not knowing how this happened, especially for the future.

Thanx anyway  :)

221bBS

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:43:32 pm »

Never paid attention to that field since I don't use it in any way. But if I had to guess I would say that either the "Album Artist" or "Album" field is incorrect. Easiest way to check is to open the Action/Tag window and make sure both fields are visible. Next highlight the album. If either of the two fields has "[Varies]" in it you've found the problem.

shAf

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 03:05:17 pm »

The "Album" field is consistent across all tracks, the "Album Artist" field is empty, the "Artist" field shows "[Varies]", the "Album Artist (auto)" shows ""Multiple Artists)" ...

Hmmm(?) ... now that I've moved the files (the hard way, by specifying exactly where and not letting MC interpret), with all tracks selected, the "Album Type" now shows "Multiple Artists (complete)", just as it should.  I have no idea how it fixed itself   ? 

I suspect "Album Artist (auto)" may have been empty before, but I don't remember ... leastwise, it is editable in case someone has the same problem ...

Thanx for your response  :)

221bBS

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 04:41:39 pm »

I suspect "Album Artist (auto)" may have been empty before, but I don't remember ... leastwise, it is editable in case someone has the same problem ...

"Album Artist (auto)" is not editable...well it is but it effects the "Album Artist" field. So if you type "JRiver" in "Album Artist (auto)" it will change the "Album Artist" field to "JRiver" unless the "Artist" is already "JRiver". So it's better to change the "Album Artist" instead of the auto field.

I was able to to reproduce your problem. I took a multiple artist album and put the first track in a different folder. I than imported the entire album. the result was the first song became single artist and the rest of the album became multiple artist. If this is what happened to you, the easiest way to prevent it from happening is to make sure an album is in a single folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up