INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: streaming FLAC wirelessly skipping after 2 songs  (Read 1755 times)

ssabripo

• Recent member
streaming FLAC wirelessly skipping after 2 songs
« on: April 29, 2010, 04:08:41 pm »

I'm having issues with my setup skipping when streaming FLAC files wirelessly...after the 1st or second song, it's fine but after that, once it goes on to the next song, it skips costantly (as if it can't buffer, etc).

My setup consists of:
PC server upstairs (HD with all flac music on D drive) --> Wireless Router --> Laptop (J River 15.31)--> Audio system

here are my option setup:
* Options - Output Mode - Buffering: 2.00 secs (I've tried it from 2 down to 0.1 secs, and behaves the same)
* Options - Prebuffering : 10 secs

I've tried several things and some days it does it after the 1st song, and some days it does it after 6 songs or so. Also, when it's doing it, if I stop it or pause it, and then play again, it goes away and then does it again after a couple of songs.

I've done a speedtest and my wireless setup seems fine and should be able to easily handle it.  ALso, my laptop is a power house: HP elitebook 8530w with 4gb ram, win7, etc.

any ideas what to try?  ?

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: streaming FLAC wirelessly skipping after 2 songs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:20:37 pm »

Sounds like the NW is dropping out - Have you tried putting your Laptop next to your Wireless Router and see how it goes?  FYI - I was streaming FLAC to my HandHeld from MC last weekend and was surprised how good it worked - I did get skips as I wandered around - either from being too far way or behind somthing solid.  Moved back in range and it was all good.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

ssabripo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 04:39:25 pm »

Sounds like the NW is dropping out - Have you tried putting your Laptop next to your Wireless Router and see how it goes?  FYI - I was streaming FLAC to my HandHeld from MC last weekend and was surprised how good it worked - I did get skips as I wandered around - either from being too far way or behind somthing solid.  Moved back in range and it was all good.

Thanks
Nathan
yeah nathan, I'm very much so within range (and get all 5 bars..double checked coverage with iPhone and it's in full strength).

lazy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:17:50 pm »

yeah nathan, I'm very much so within range (and get all 5 bars..double checked coverage with iPhone and it's in full strength).

I'm having the same problems, but with ape files. My setup is more or less the same. I reported this some this ago, but I haven't found a solution. And no, I have no problem with the NW either. MC is also acting sluggish when I play and then tries to change view for example...
Pages: [1]   Go Up