INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User has Questions  (Read 730 times)

Shrubman

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
New User has Questions
« on: April 20, 2003, 11:37:15 am »

Hi all:

I'm sure these are old topics, so please go easy on me.

First, I have a new system (in fact I'm new to Windows entirely) which uses an NF2 motherboard with built in Soundstorm sound.

I have been diligently building my music library through ripping and downloads and am running into the problem of some music sounding particularly distorted.

This primarily happens on files that seem to play at inherently high output levels.

I am aware of the sound leveling option in Media Jukebox but have some questions about it.

First, other than the annoyance of having to lower the volume when one of these songs comes on, why would a professionally recorded file distort at all when played in MJ? Some of these files I ripped using ape at High Quality levell, so I can't imagine the rip was bad?

My next questions is, if the volume leveling option is the only way to avoid this issue, am I right in thinking that one has to analyze all of his files in order for this to work right?

Finally, I have questions about the various settings within MJ and on my Soundstorm control panel. Where is the best place to adjust sound quality using EQ or effects? In the app or in the control panel?

Thanks for the help!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New User has Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2003, 01:22:32 pm »

try turning on and off the DSP

Even More So "[X] Effects" In the DSP To see if that helps.

PS. there should be a button on the player window to get to the DSP Studio
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up