INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to open documents rather than send to Playing Now?  (Read 1703 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to open documents rather than send to Playing Now?
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:51:55 pm »

For a very brief time there in v14, double-clicking on a document (say a pdf) would open the pdf. Great. Previously and since upgrading to 15, it sends the pdf to Playing Now and stops the currently playing song.

Can someone suggest any settings to avoid sending a doc to Playing Now?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

gappie

Re: How to open documents rather than send to Playing Now?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:01:08 pm »

i recently had the same lise.. seemed i changed the double-click behaviour to something else. when i set it to replace playing now. it just opens the file without affecting playing now. when set different it puts it in playing now.

:)
gab

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:17:47 pm »

i recently had the same lise.. seemed i changed the double-click behaviour to something else. when i set it to replace playing now. it just opens the file without affecting playing now. when set different it puts it in playing now.

gab

Goodness, I don't think I want to have double-click as "replace playing now" though. I don't want to lose the tunes I put in there!
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

gappie

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:24:49 pm »

Goodness, I don't think I want to have double-click as "replace playing now" though. I don't want to lose the tunes I put in there!
it wont when you click on a file that wont be played natively by mc, like a pdf file.

but it is funny that when you say for instance for double click, add to playing now, it also does that for pdf etc files. maybe makes sense for some fireworks.exe but not when just using for organizing and using other files.. guess we need to make another zone for that.  ;D

gab

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:26:04 pm »

Go to Tools -> Options -> File Types.

Scroll down in the list, choose Adobe PDF (or whatever you want to change the behavior for), and change the playback method to External (default) or External (custom)).

Done.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:37:06 pm »

glynor, that doesn't do it (but thanks for the reminder--I think that's how I got it working when it worked like I wanted). Even when a filetype is associated with an external program, it is still being sent to Playing Now and stops the music playback.

Having said this, I didn't change my playback behaviour to "replace playing now" the way gappie recommended because even though that might work for docs, this is absolutely NOT the behaviour that I want when double-clicking on songs (I always have that to set to ADD to playing now (play now)).

The only way I can get it to work is to right-click on the file and select Play. Too bad. I got used to double-clicking there for a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up