INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total track time up in the "Now Playing" bar? Feature Request?  (Read 1346 times)

Doberman

• Recent member

I've looked pretty well I think, and I'm assuming that there's no way to get the total time of everything in your current "Playing Now" list to display up with the info of the current track, is there?    I can change what shows there, and have a zillion choices to choose from, but the only one thing actually seems to have any tie-in to the Playing Now list is that I can show what position outta how many total it is.  11 of 23 or whatever.  That's actually useful to me, but I could use some more.  :)

The program HAS this information, because it displays on the bottom if I've got the Playing Now view (I use split views) selected, but no tracks within it selected.  (Or, alternately, the total time of all the tracks you have selected shows down there.)  So I CAN see it, but it'd make things easier on me if I could throw it onto one of those lines up at the top where it'd be always visible to me without having to make sure I have the right View in focus and nothing selected.

I see that there's a [Custom] field.  Is that a field that I can fiddle with in an XML file somewhere or something?  And if so, is there an easy way for me to grab the total time of the list?  This would be an acceptable kludge, if so.  (Doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer to have an already defined field for it though.  ;)  )

Doberman

• Recent member
Re: Total track time up in the "Now Playing" bar? Feature Request?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:16:10 pm »

Anyone?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:21:34 pm »

It's not currently possible.

Are you looking for the total playlist time, or the remaining playlist time?

The only drawback to adding this is that this calculation would be speed since it would need to analyze the entire playlist.  No other available token does this.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doberman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 02:34:38 pm »

Total playlist time is all that I'm really looking for.  Though I'm sure I (or someone) could probably find some use for elapsed & remaining playlist time as well.  :)

As I mentioned, total playlist time IS there.  You calculate the number, because it's shown down at the bottom if you've got the pane in focus and nothing selected or EVERYTHING selected.  So my request is really just for a little ease-of-use functionality for myself.  Certainly won't rankle me if it's deemed too much work to get that number up into the Now Playing info bar area (or whatever that's called.)  Just hoped that maybe since the number's already calculated, it might be a 5-minute task for you to add it to the list of stuff we can display up top.  :)

Thanks for any consideration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up