INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI and M4A questions  (Read 2077 times)

jaynyc

• World Citizen
WASAPI and M4A questions
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:23:05 pm »

1.  Has anyone compared WASAPI (without room correction) between v14 and v15?  Is there any difference?  Either in sound quality or stability.

2.  Is there any change in how to play back .M4A files?  Right now, I hafta install that codec (which is better than using Quicktime).  Is there any improvement in sound quality or stability?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WASAPI and M4A questions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 03:04:29 pm »

WASAPI will be identical in MC14 and MC15.

M4A requires the DCBass filter.  No change.

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 09:45:39 am »

e the latest mc15 beta. I installed DCBass filter v 1.11 and subsequently hilighted aac audio and selected JRiver audio engine as the playback method and DCBass filter is lecected in the filter source menu. I get the pink noise/very loud hiss when playing m4a files. I am not sy. can you help?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 07:57:33 pm »

e the latest mc15 beta. I installed DCBass filter v 1.11 and subsequently hilighted aac audio and selected JRiver audio engine as the playback method and DCBass filter is lecected in the filter source menu. I get the pink noise/very loud hiss when playing m4a files. I am not sy. can you help?

Confirmed.  I will look into it on Monday.

Meanwhile you set Playback Method to "JRiver video engine (using DirectShow filters)".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

villager

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 10:26:48 pm »

Any luck with this issue? I am having similar issues using m4a music files in version 15.0.32 on a Vista Ultimate machine. I have selected the JRiver video engine (using DirectShow filters), and am using DC-Bass Source as the Source Filter. I've tried a number of Other Filters with no improvement in results.

With this configuration, the music files only play through the default audio device. Nothing is played through the selected audio device, unless I change it to the default.

Is this an issue that you will work to resolve?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 09:06:07 am »

Any luck with this issue? I am having similar issues using m4a music files in version 15.0.32 on a Vista Ultimate machine. I have selected the JRiver video engine (using DirectShow filters), and am using DC-Bass Source as the Source Filter. I've tried a number of Other Filters with no improvement in results.

With this configuration, the music files only play through the default audio device. Nothing is played through the selected audio device, unless I change it to the default.

Is this an issue that you will work to resolve?

These are in build 32:
Code: [Select]
10. Fixed: When playing audio in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters), MC output white noise if no decoder was selected by user, or if user-selected decoder's output was SPDIF.
11. Fixed: Audio played in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters) could be played at the wrong speed in some cases.

Now you should be able to select "JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters)".

If you select  "JRiver video engine (using DirectShow filters)", you need to configure video playback settings to make sure the audio goes to the right output device.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up