INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bugette? Converting WMA.L to FLAC  (Read 1631 times)

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
Bugette? Converting WMA.L to FLAC
« on: May 02, 2010, 03:21:01 pm »

Hi,

Decided to convert my last remaining lossless WMA files to flac. Set MC15 to read the files, convert and delete the originals. (Yes, I trust you guys that much!)
It duly read suceeded on about 90 and failed on 14. Retried those 14 and it failed on 4. Retried those 4 and it failed on 1. Retried that 1 and it suceeded.
Odd? I had set your program to convert 8 at a time, if that matters?

I'm not going to be able to replicate it and its not a major problem. Thought I'd post a report as I'm playing Omahe Hi-Lo at the moment, and its a slow table...

Goodnight,

M.

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Bugette? Converting WMA.L to FLAC
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:03:20 am »

This happens to me as well. I have tried converting one file at a time, two files, four files. Seems it can happen regardless of how many simultaneous conversions I do, although errors are more likely to happen the larger the batch of files to convert.

What's odd is that today it reported some 14 out of 789 files failed to convert when I was converting the files from ape to mp3, yet all files were actually converted to mp3.

I'm pretty sure of my observations, but is there any way of automatically creating a log whenever you do conversions? And does anyone have an explanation for this?

Von

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:07:48 pm »

I am not able to reproduce the problem with converting to FLAC.

For conversion to mp3, there is a bug that has been fixed for an upcoming new build.  This bug shows up only if your source file's path contains unicode characters in one or more folders.  Does this agree with what you have encountered?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 04:31:42 pm »

If by unicode characters you mean characters like these

é ä ü

then yes. All problem files had paths with one of these characters in a folder name. There were also many other files in the same folders that were converted to mp3 without problems.

Interesting bug. I ran a batch, and 8 out of 2075 files failed to convert. Tried those 8 again, this time 3 failed. Tried those 3, 2 failed. Then one of the final two failed. Finally, the last one succeeded.

Tested on another computer running MC 9.1, no problem there. Anyway, if we are indeed talking about a bug that has been fixed, I'm happy. Thank you.

Von

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 06:18:26 pm »

The bug I talked about shows up only if you run two or more conversion threads simultaneously.  If you set the converter to convert one at a time, it would not be a problem.

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 06:20:23 pm »

OK, I'll try that. Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:45:08 am »

Build 56 is out.  The mp3 conversion bug should be gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up