INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More errors on 24/96 files  (Read 1284 times)

Jeff Schulman

• Recent member
More errors on 24/96 files
« on: May 02, 2010, 09:42:53 pm »

Hi everyone, I am getting this error message (below) when playing a 24/96 music file. Restarting the program doesn't help, and I am no longer able to play any format music files.  The only way to solve this problem is to uninstall and reinstall MC 14.

I am using Windows 7 on an ASUS super charged netbook, I am using an Ayre USB DAC, the music file comes from HDtracks.com and sits on my internal hard drive.  All of the options in MC 14 were double checked for both Windows 7 and MC 14 using Ayre's guide to setup.  It often takes a while for a 24/96 track to load, I have increased prebuffering to 2 seconds to try to avoid stuttering on these hi res files.  Many thanks, Jeff Schulman

Error message:

Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.

Error details:

Playback could not be started on the output "windows audio session API (WASAPI) using the format '44100 hz, 24 bits per sample, 2 channels'.
This output format may not be supported by your hardward. You can use DSP studio to change the output to a compatible format.
Also, make sure that you system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options.

dsuttle

• Recent member
Re: More errors on 24/96 files
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:54:05 pm »

This happened to me when i was experimenting with output settings.
Make sure WASAPI is selected for output mode. For output mode settings make sure 'present 24-bit data in a 32-bit package' is deselected.

This helped me tremendously
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DAC_Settings

...hope this helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up