INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library server is only recording parts of my programs  (Read 1393 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Library server is only recording parts of my programs
« on: May 04, 2010, 07:03:01 pm »

I have MC setup on an HTPC.  I usually log into it remotely from the laptop.  I have it set to record some shows, and it records 30 seconds, or 69 seconds, or sometimes 7 minutes, and often the entire program.  Why does it do this?

I really want to use MC as my DVR, but the lack of a client ability to schedule or delete content, and the much more serious failure to record the whole program make this still an experiment.

Has anyone else seen this?  What steps can I try to get this working correctly?

I used the MC default of recording an extra minute before and after each program, and jsut changed that on all scheduled recordings, hoping it might help.  I'm using a dual digital tuner, which works great when it works :)  An Aver Media, which MC recognizes and seems to configure just fine, naming the second tuner the same as the first with (1) after it.  I don't imagine this is the problem, but thought it worth mentioning.

I have tried watching the programs both from the laptop connection to the shared library in read only mode, in full rights mode and also from the remote connection to the HTPC copy of MC.  the show just isn't all there :(  I check in windows explorer, and there are few files and the size indicates it's not all recorded.

System info below.  what else can I provide to help diagnose/fix?

Media Center 15.0.28 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\

6.1  (Build 7600)
Intel Pentium III 570 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2025 MB, Free - 870 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7600 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7600 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7600 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: SlimtypeDVD A  DS8A4SH    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: Slimtype DVD A  DS8A4SH     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'Downsized Photos for internet publishing':

WMDMName:
DeviceUID: {1A8EE3BC-0A12-4FAF-8583-3ACF7A741DF2}
CanonicalName:
VendorName: ; VendorID:
ProductID: ; FirmwareVersion:
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 4; DeviceID: ; DeviceName: ; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: ; DrivePath: \\HTPC\Photos\Downsized\Internet; MainDriveLetter:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 0; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: *
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: [Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([Track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]
ResyncIfDateModified: 1

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
pretend this is something funny

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: Library server is only recording parts of my programs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 04:40:49 pm »

As a matter of interest, if you watch programs live using the same tuner that is used to record is that OK?

I'm just wondering if it's a signal issue rather than a MC issue, because I've not seen what you're describing when using MC to record.

Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 06:28:21 pm »

Are you seeing the problem in build 28 and later?  There was a bug in 26 and 27 that should have been fixed in 28.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:39:43 am »

Whoops, I just realized that the response I typed must not have gotten posted, sorry for the delay.

Yes, I was on .28 and that had the problems I described, but I upgraded to the newer public build (32 maybe), but I also removed all the start and stop recording 1 minute before and after each program, and all is working well now.

How do I change the default settings to not include this 1 minute before and after, I took a look, but didn't see the setting to change to just record and stop on time, by default.  I know how to change each show, but would prefer not to have to do it each time if possible.

Also, any chance of getting the library server to allow remote scheduling and deleting of TV programs?

I'm currently using a shared library because of other abilities, but I would really love it if MC could just let me have full control over TV from a remote computer.

thanks again :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:38:05 pm »

How do I change the default settings to not include this 1 minute before and after, I took a look, but didn't see the setting to change to just record and stop on time, by default.  I know how to change each show, but would prefer not to have to do it each time if possible.

Sorry, there is not a configurable default behavior.  One minute is always suggested for each scheduling.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 01:55:39 pm »

Thanks.  maybe this can be changed someday.  when a program starts or ends 1 minute early or late, it prevents an abutting program from recording properly, so I always have to change this to 0 minutes.  on occasion, a program does start early or end late, so the option to add this minute or 3 is a great option, but I'm not sure it's the best default setting.

With that said, I seem to be fixed up with my recordings now, so I appreciate your help.

thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up