INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with FLAC  (Read 1465 times)

MrMoto

• Recent member
Problem with FLAC
« on: May 08, 2010, 08:47:13 am »

Hi,

I'm having problems playing some FLAC files downloaded from HDTracks.com. There's this album that starts playing ok but most of the time, when it goes to the next track, it starts playing strangely: It sounds as though the sound is cutting and coming back on at a rate of something like 10 times a second.

If I press stop and play, everything is back to normal. I'm using WASAPI on Win7, 16 bit - 48khz output, sent to an external usb DAC.  The files have a bitrate in the 600s. It sounds ok on all other files, even higher resolution FLAC files from HDTracks.

Does anybody have a fix?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with FLAC
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:29:44 am »

It may be a problem with the DAC.  Please try the settings suggestions from our Wiki:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DAC_Settings

What DAC is it?

You might also try MC15.  It's on the download page.

MrMoto

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 04:07:09 pm »

It's a HRT Streamer+. It can handle 16 bit only. I'm not using the "Present 24 bit data in 32 bit..." option.
Also, the same files play correctly with another software.

I could indeed try version 15. Will I need to purchase a new license?

Thanks again!

MrMoto

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 07:53:52 pm »

I apparently found a cure. I did upgrade to MC15 but that's not what fixed my problem. Switching from WASAPI to Direct Sound and no resampling did the trick. It works with MC14 and MC15. I don't know why it works because I'm playing files with all sorts of resolutions and my DAC can only handle 16 bit - 48khz.

Starngely, if I choose WASAPI and no resampling, m4a tracks don't make a sound but last only a few seconds.

Oh well, as long as it works with Direct Sound...  :o

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 08:13:16 am »

I still think the DAC settings page may solve the sound problem.  When you post, let us know which version you're using.  I can move this thread to the MC15 board if you continue using MC15.
Pages: [1]   Go Up