INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorrect .cue importing  (Read 1262 times)

leoric

• World Citizen
Incorrect .cue importing
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:10:34 am »

After importing single .cue MC imports all individual tracks plus whole file as separate item. After import, Summary shows "Imported 1 new file."
Correct behavior: import only individual tracks and show "Imported nn new tracks." (where nn - actual number of individual tracks).

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Incorrect .cue importing
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:37:08 am »

If you search the forums you'll see you have to jump through hoops to get .cue files importing okay; I gave up. Maybe things have change though?

I tried importing only one time and excluding the .cue files from re-import, but I kept getting your reported problem cropping up, and gave up.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Incorrect .cue importing
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:33:50 am »

There are about 1001 ways to handle the issue manually (during the last few years I have explained some of them), but the OP is correct: when cue tracks are created from a cue sheet that points to a single disc image file and also the disc image file's file format is set to be imported in the Auto-Import settings, the disc image file is automatically imported.

That isn't a problem to me. I have the disc image files in my library but not in my usual views. It is rather easy to tag and exclude them. Sometimes I need the disc image files when I burn MP3 discs for my car player (it does not support gapless playback so I rather burn the disc image file if the album has seamless track transitions).

The "duplicate tracks" issue with separate track files and cue sheets that point to them has been fixed in the latest MC15 builds.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up