INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help setting up TV with external satelite receiver and capture card  (Read 1523 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

MC displays the following as "channels":
 - Composite Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture
 - Composite2 Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture
 - SVideo Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture
 - SVideo2 Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture

And the following as the device (under TV Options>Settings)
  Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture (analog)

A Scan for channels doesn't change that.  
Here's what my husband explained to me:

Our setup is as follows
An HTPC with Hauppauge 150 capture card and a Starchoice Satelite receiver.
We have the composite video output of the starchoice box feeding the Hauppauge.
Currently we use Beyond TV which also uses the Hauppauge's IR blaster to tune the satelite box.

So, in MC, how can I match up the channels from the guide to the starchoice channel lineup seeing that I can't scan for channels because I'm not using the internal Hauppauge tuner? And how can I send IR commands out via the hauppauge to tune the starchoice box?

EDIT:  ooops. I didn't see that there was a tv-only board. I'm sure someone will move my post there.  And I am just getting my husband to read this post by Glynor http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54818.0 which seems to pose some of my questions.

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

It would be nice to have another TV channel type - "External channels" that MC can match with guide data.  Then MC would need to hook the channels to IR blaster and at the same time tune to one of the composite/svideo "channels".  

This capability does not exist in MC, not yet.  It may be a while before I figure out what is possible.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

lise

• MC Beta Team

Thanks for the reply, Yaobing.
Shame it can't be done. I was so looking forward to using MC for everything.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up