INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I added files to my harddisk. Can MC update the library automatically?  (Read 1452 times)

frob

• Recent member

I added files here and there in my music directory structure on my hard drive.

I'd like MC to update the library without having to import the folders one by one. Is that possible?

Can't I tell MC to look around for changes (deletions or additions) and update itself? I've tried many things without success. It seems to work for deletions but recent additions still aren't in the library. Do I have to be more patient and wait a few days? I would much prefer to ask MC to refresh everything when I tell it to.

WMP appears to be the only media software that deals well with people who want to organize their music in a Windows directory structure and have their media software keep up. iTunes is the worst for that. But MC puts out a far superior sound quality than WMP in a hi-fi system... so I would like to be able to work with MC. :)

The fact is that I have badly tagged music that is easy to find (and play by whole album) in a directory structure, but not in a tag-based database system. In my directory structure, files from one album are in one folder and I can find and play them all in a few seconds even they are badly tagged.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Set your auto-import options under MC's options for Library.

frob

• Recent member

OK. It seems to work better now. The problem was with moved files. The "Ignore previously deleted files" option was checked so these files weren't updated.

It looks like Media Center's library has a good ability to keep up with hard disk changes that's great.

For some reason, recently updated files appear in the library but are nowhere to be seen from my Playstation 3 when it connects to the server. Can someone explain why?

Pages: [1]   Go Up