INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: library location  (Read 1621 times)

baba100

library location
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:47:02 pm »

Hi Developers and friends,

From varying circumstances I want to have two MC installed on my PC. so each will point to different library location… Unfortunately, it’s not possible to install MC twice and set them to different library location.

After I check, I think the existing options of “access control” is not giving full answer for this “challenge”
The only options available now is: to install MC under different windows user name, however I’m sure you understand that this options is not so convenient…

Maybe you can update MC to be able install it twice? So we can set it to different library location?
I have MC14 and MC15 install together and it work perfectly, but want to two MC15.
Or, make options in MC15 “load library from XXX” (assuming the playlist themselves is store in the same place)

Please your help.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: library location
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:38:08 pm »

You don't need to install it twice.
You can set up as many libraries as you want under File > Library > Library manager.  You can also switch between them at will in the same menu area.
When you start MC with the standard icon, it will use the most recently used library.
You can create additional icons with command line switches that tell it to use a specific library if you want to.

baba100

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 10:50:23 pm »

hi zxsix,

Many thanks for your answer.

can you tell me please what is the command line?

THK

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:58:23 pm »

mc15.exe /Library [Library Name]

baba100

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 02:32:03 am »

Hi zxsix,

Thanks, I can live with that. BUT one problem, when MC15 start its make auto library back, and even I set the back location to different place (USB drive)
it always make the backup to the local drive, under the original place.

so if user A load MC15 /library USER A, (after USER B ran MC15) he can restore USER A library...

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:21:44 am »

<blunt IT guy>
A user choosing to restore the wrong file is a people issue, not a software issue.
</blunt IT guy>

The names of the backup files contain the library name, so it should be easy to select the appropriate ones and ignore the others.

As far as the backup location, there's only one setting for that, so the automatic backups for all libraries are going to exist in the same folder no matter where you direct it.
Manual backups can be placed anywhere of course.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 09:53:44 am »

<blunt IT guy>
A user choosing to restore the wrong file is a people issue, not a software issue.
</blunt IT guy>
;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 10:15:33 am »

The automatic library backup location is here:
Options > File Location > Program Files > Library backups

I point it to a different drive than my system drive so if I lose a drive, I don't lose my library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up