INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question from TV luddite..  (Read 1235 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Question from TV luddite..
« on: May 12, 2010, 03:45:51 pm »

If I hook up my HD Cable box to my master PC running MC15 with an ATSC digital tuner, can I serve TV via Library Server when I go into TV on the client?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Question from TV luddite..
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:06:08 am »

Firstly, digital cable is not supported unfortunately.  You can only feed your TV device using composite or SVideo output from your cable box, and tune using the cable box.
Secondly, you can serve a TV channel from the Library Server by starting recording on the server and then play the recording from a client.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 08:30:17 am »

Ah, okay. The TV tuner has an S-Video and coaxial RG59 type input. I used to run an ATSC antenna into this tuner card and it received ATSC over the air.

Maybe I need to switch to analog for the coaxial input; I was using because of the HD ATSC I had before that it would be digital.....

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 10:25:04 am »

If your tuner has SVideo and Composite inputs, it is likely digital/analog hybrid tuner capable of tuning analog cable.  You can run MC's "Scan for Channels" tool, and specify "Scan for analog channels".  Specify "Cable" for type, and don't worry that you do not have analog cable.  MC will discover the SVideo and Composite inputs and create respective "channels" for them.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 02:44:59 pm »

Thanks for your help. I tweaked some setting and have it picking up some digital and a bunch of analog cable channels now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up