INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with Syncing to my android phone.  (Read 1426 times)

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
Issues with Syncing to my android phone.
« on: May 13, 2010, 08:57:43 pm »

I am using the following expression in my handheld audio path.

if(IsEqual([Media sub type],Audiobook),\android media library\Audio Book\[Genre]\[AUTHOR]\[nice title],\android media library\Music\[Artist]\[Album])\

The expression is working fine. everything is being put exactly how and where I want it.

I am using a smartlist group to store playlists that I want on my phone.
On my handheld option screen only that smartlist group is enabled to be synced to the phone.

I also have this option checked "delete from handheld any files not on sync list"
That is not happening at all. pulling playlists out of my smartlist group for the phone has no effect on the sync. no files are deleted. >:( even though the playlist is no longer in the sync list.
Is this a bug ? or am I missing something that I need to do to make this work ?
I would appreciate hearing from other android phone users or dev's about there sync experiences.

Feature Request: if I add playlists to that smartlist group i have to manually go to my handheld options screen to that smartlist group and check that playlist for it to be able to be synced to the phone.
I would appreciate not having to do this extra step. any playlists that get put into the phone smartlist group would automatically be checked to be synced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issues with Syncing to my android phone.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 12:28:53 pm »

Make sure that you have the program SDRescan installed on your phone.
After MC completes the sync, detach the USB cable, wait for the sdcard icon in the notification area to finish it's scan and mount.
Then execute SDRescan.
Android has a cache of the playlists that's separate from the physical m3u files that MC puts on the sdcard.
At some point, android will rescan the sd card and update the songs and playlists as seen through the music player, but I've seen it not update for hours.
Running SDRescan forces the card to be re-read and the internally cached lists to be updated to reflect the physical files.

If there's extra songs on the sdcard after doing this, then I'd suggest deleting the folders off of the sdcard and let MC resync it.
The database file that's on the sdcard could be out of sync with what's physically there.

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
Re: Issues with Syncing to my android phone.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 11:14:29 pm »

I found the SDRescan app and installed and used it after syncing to my phone.
then pulled a test playlist out of my phone playlist group in MC15.

reconected my phone to the computer. had MC recheck the synclist.. no change it still wont remove anything when syncing.
this has got to be a bug/feature :-)
I hope the dev's will put a little more robustness in there sync code soon.

Any other suggestions ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up