INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Issue with Artist Display At File Level  (Read 1913 times)

jfmus

• Junior Woodchuck
DLNA Issue with Artist Display At File Level
« on: May 14, 2010, 10:51:22 am »

Having a minor issue with the DLNA server connected to a Samsung BD-C6500. The artist id3 tag is showing up as "No Singer" at the file level. All of the menus show the Artist correctly. I have checked the Album Artist, Composer, and obviously the Artist tag, and cannot get it to show up correctly. If I put the same files onto a jump drive, the artist is displayed correctly. If I use the default dlna program that comes with the player, it also displays the artist correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks......

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DLNA Issue with Artist Display At File Level
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 01:44:55 pm »

Are other file-level tags like name and album showing up properly?

We fill in upnp:artist for the artist when providing a file.  Is it possible the device is looking for some other non-standard tag like upnp:author or something?

Maybe try filling in 'Artist', 'Album Artist', and 'Composer' inside Media Center.  If you then play a file with all those values filled, do any of them show up?

Thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jfmus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 07:01:37 pm »

Matt,

Everything works perfectly except the Artist Tag. All of the thumbnails are visible. When you drill all the way down into the actual album or genre, you get Album Title, Name, and Genre, but the Artist shows up as "No Singer". I have filled in composer, album artist, original artist, and artist in the mp3 file. "No Singer" in place of artist is all I get. If I take the same files and open them up thru the jump drive on the player, the artist is displayed correctly.

Media Center 15 Generic DLNA = All tags display correctly except artist, All cover art is visible.

Jump Drive = All tags display correctly, no cover art.

Samsung PC Share Manager Software = All tags display correctly, no cover art.

This was tested with the same files.

Thanks...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:44:46 pm »

I have filled in composer, album artist, original artist, and artist in the mp3 file.

Just to be sure, are these values showing in Media Center under the related columns?  It's not clear from your comment if you're filling MP3 files with an external program or using Media Center to fill the tags.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jfmus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 06:53:11 pm »

The tags are stored within the file. I am not just updating the Media Center Library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up