INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy cover art to clipboard doesn't work for Folder.jpg  (Read 2836 times)

stubbo

• Recent member
Copy cover art to clipboard doesn't work for Folder.jpg
« on: May 14, 2010, 03:50:27 pm »

I try and standardise all my cover art to store it in the music file as a tag, in cleaning up if I have any files linked with a Folder.jpg file for the cover art I tried copying cover art from first file and pasting it back to the file and it doesn't work. The copy doesn't actually put anything on the clipboard at all.

I can't find an obvious way of asking for the file MC15 is rendering the cover art from to be placed inside the media file.

Is there a trick I'm missing?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Copy cover art to clipboard doesn't work for Folder.jpg
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:02:03 pm »

I have not used the "copy to clipboard" feature for long time so I am not going to comment on it.

However, there is an easier way.

If a valid image file link is displayed in the Image File field you can use the "Update Tags (from library)" tool for embedding the image in the file tag. Naturally you must have the "Also store image in the file's tag" setting enabled in Options > File Location > Cover Art.

Embedding is supported with most, but not all audio file types. MC cannot add cover art to externally decoded files.

In order to make the task even easier you can create a smartlist that shows all files that don't have an embedded image yet. Create a new smartlist with the rule [Media Type]=[Audio] -[Image File]=[Inside File] (you can simply press the "Import / Export" button in the Edit Smartlist window and paste the rule in there). After you have the list available you can also add the Image File column to it and see the field values.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up