INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easily Playing Full Album in Panes View  (Read 1448 times)

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Easily Playing Full Album in Panes View
« on: May 16, 2010, 06:08:54 pm »

Hi guys,
Haven't been around here for ages but one thing I still find a bit annoying on my day to day use of MC is that when I use panes view, it shows all the albums from the artist I have selected nicely grouped with the picture there and so its great for easily seeing the whole albums with their details.
One HUGE remaining pain though is that there is no easy way to just then play that album.
I have the single cover art to the left of the album for the grouping, but no way of playing it.
I instinctively always try double click the album art to play the album but it doesn't work :(

Couldn't it be made that if we double click the album art, it plays all the files that are grouped for that art?
Either that or put a 'play' under it or something?

Just some easy way for letting us play the bunch of files that are grouped together.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
Re: Easily Playing Full Album in Panes View
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 06:54:35 pm »

Could you describe the panes view you use in more detail?  Or perhaps provide a link to a screenshot.

The standard Artist/Album view has panes for Artist name and Album name.  To play all the songs in an album, I'd click on an Artist's name in the left pane, then click on an album name in the next pane.  Then I'd click the play button to play all the songs on that album in the order they were displayed.

Are you talking about clicking on the album image in the file list?

Bill

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 09:33:45 pm »

Then I'd click the play button to play all the songs on that album in the order they were displayed.

Or just double-click the album name in the album pane. There couldn't possibly be anything quicker or more painless. ;)

johnnyboy

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 12:58:51 pm »

I have a bunch of panes myself, with 'Artist' as the last one. then below I see all the albums from that artist when I select which artist I want.
And yeah, i'm talking about clicking on the album image in the file list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up