INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA and Library Server Issues  (Read 1481 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
DLNA and Library Server Issues
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:49:53 pm »

I spent the weekend playing around with a number of the network enhancements in MC15 and am really impressed with the direction ersion 15 is heading. I can now us an iPhone to play music from my server to my Roku Soundbridges and select a movie from my server to play on my Xbox 360. This is great!

However, in the process of trying this new functionality out I came across an number of issues that range from bugs to usability issues to feature requests:

-- Selcting an item from the Playing now list on Web Remote results in the track after that selected playing

-- When using DLNA controller to play items on the Xbox 360 Media Center Extender, the name of the artist is always "unknown"

-- There should be an easy way to clear the playing now list devices being controlled by the DLNA controller, e.g. when a library server session that started such items playing stops, clear the playing now list for that device. Note that failing to clear such list results in the device being unavailable to be controlled y other devices, e.g. Windows Media Player.

-- When using Clear Playing Now from the Playing Now drop down menu the playing now list should refresh to show that the playing now list is empty

-- There is no functional pause or seek when controlling media being played on a device being controlled by the DLNA controller

-- There is no ability to play to Xbox360 when not acting as a Media Center Extender. I thought Windows Media Player could do this, but have been unable to confirm this.

-- Auto import results and DLNA failures should not pop up dialog boxes with MC is being run as a Media Server. When MC is  run on an unattended server this can in bunch of dialogs popping up and accumulating. This is a pain to deal with when the server is eventually accessed.

Some of these issues may reflect my ignorance of how to use MC 15. If so, please let me know and I'll retest.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up