INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUDA in MC15 with CoreAVC  (Read 1507 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
CUDA in MC15 with CoreAVC
« on: May 17, 2010, 08:01:46 am »

Pretty rusty on all this DirectShow fun, but the Zotac ION I have is causing me a little grief in this dept.

First of all, an install of CCCP on Windows 7 x64 doesn't seem to work as I remember. Auto defaults don't just pick up FFDshow for some codecs like the Microsoft DTV decoder for example. I had installed CCCP on an HP Touchsmart and was instantly getting 5% cpu use with .mkv aftwards use the MS DTV.

Having a rough time with HD .avi files like open source Big Buck Bunny and Elephant's Dream which are some kind of codec named FM2P in an .avi, I can't remember offhand but it seemed to be a codec FFDshow should handle naively when I looked it up. Could be that my last processor was just handling these and this 330 Atom can't so I'm focusing on .mkv with x264 for now.

My major issue is getting .mkv to work with CoreAVC. When I playback a file of LS, I get an overlay mode (think I'm using Enhanced) but I can't do anything. No pop progess bar at the top, and the mkv just streams but MC is locked down and Nvidia CUDA is use with CoreAVC running. If I choose the Microsft DTV decoder MC is fluid and I can seek with no issues on large high-def mkv files.

I also tried FFDshow which didn't work well for x264. I know you guys will need more info from me and I can get some filter graphs etc.

Maybe I need to tweak some setting in CoreAVC, not sure. I'm just happy my high-resolution audio files are playing to the client without a hitch....

HiFiTubes

Re: CUDA in MC15 with CoreAVC
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:07:39 am »

One of two DACs I have is a Matrix Mini:

Specs:
* D/A DAC chip AD1955 x 2
* Full balanced stereo design
* Up to 24Bit/192kHz sampling
* Low jitter receiver chips and separate clock
* Built-in headphone amplifier, for up to 600 ohm headphones
* OP275/OPA2604 opamps
* Balanced/Unbalanced outputs
* Various inputs
* Large screen VFD
* Designed and tuned for audiophile

* Digital Input:
- Optical: toslink, 44.1-192kHz
- Coaxial: 75 ohm RCA/BNC, 44.1-192kHz
- USB: USB-B, 44.1-48kHz
- AES/EBU: Standard XLR balanced, 44.1-192kHz
* Digital Output:
- Coaxial RCA
- 44.1-192kHz
- Support AC3, DTS
* Analog Interface:
- RCA/XLR
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 120dB
- Dynamic Range: 118dB
- Distortion 0.0002% (1kHz)
- Stereo Separation: 110dB
* Power Support: AC 220-240V/100-120V (Please specify)
* Front Panel Color: Silver
* Case Color: Black/Silver (Please specify)
* Weight: 2 kg
* Dimension: 205 x 155 x 48mm (L x W x H)

I'm also trying to setup MC to resample via FFDshow to 96kHz and work with files that have AC3/DTS. I'm trying to use ASIO for video playback via the Lynx to the Matrix.

Current config:

Set FFDshow checkboxes DTS & AC3
Resample FFDshow always to 96kHz
DAC hardware @ 96kHz
Lynx AES16-E @ 96kHz
MC set to Digital Receiver (Matrix DAC) that supports AC3/DTS
Video Playback: same as audio device
Tweak output setting in FFDShow Audio Decoder

I'm getting errors that the sample rate can't be set which implies that when using CoreAVC, it is not connecting to the chosen decoder, FFDshow audio decoder. I have tweaked option in FFDShow Audio and will post screenshot.

More on this later.....

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: CUDA in MC15 with CoreAVC
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:38:01 am »

Try CoreAVC again with the tray icon disabled. I noticed a LOT of problems with it enabled in MC. Which splitter are you using?
Pages: [1]   Go Up