INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full screen when double clicking video file in Windows Explorer  (Read 2294 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi!

When I double click a video file in Explorer, it opens in a sort-of-full-screen mode, but the control bar is static at the top of the screen, and the video is shrinked to fit below it. To make it really full screen with the disappearing control bar, I have to first double click the screen to make it windowed and then double click again to make it full screen. This is very annoying. Can't it just go real full screen when I double click a file in Explore, like it does when I click a file in the library? A lot of times I play video files that I don't want to add to my library, because I just wanna watch them once and delete them, hence I play them directly from Windows Explorer.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Full screen when double clicking video file in Windows Explorer
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 08:40:47 pm »

In MC Options/General/Behavior, you can try changing this.

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 10:41:23 pm »

To make it really full screen with the disappearing control bar, I have to first double click the screen to make it windowed and then double click again to make it full screen. This is very annoying.

You can use the restore button to make it full screen. It's just a little annoying. ;)

audunth

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 05:47:54 pm »

There's no option for this in General -> Behaviour. It's already set to Jump on Play (Video) - Display View. The problem is when I play from Windows Explorer it's a sort of full screen mode with the control bar permanently on top of the screen, hence the video itself isn't truly fullscreen until I double click it twice, or click the restore (or maximize) button, like Rick.ca suggests. Really annoying, I don't understand why it won't just play full screen like if I play a file by doubleclicking it inside MC.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 07:54:27 pm »

I don't understand why it won't just play full screen like if I play a file by doubleclicking it inside MC.

Going full screen would not be an appropriate default behaviour. It's likely not offered as an option because the practise is relatively rare. There's no harm in asking, but the only immediate solution is to not be annoyed. ;)

audunth

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 10:42:42 am »

I believe it should behave the same way if doubleclicking a file in Windows Explorer as if doubleclicking a file in the library inside MC. Which means you decide whether it's the playing now screen, display view, theater view etc. Or if not it's own option under behaviour. Both these scenarios shouldn't be too hard to implement?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 12:17:50 am »

I believe it should behave the same way if doubleclicking a file in Windows Explorer as if doubleclicking a file in the library inside MC.

You already said that. You also said you didn't understand why this isn't the default behaviour, so I gave you an explanation. Yes, an option would be easy to implement, and you've already asked for it.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 12:04:19 pm »

Yes, an option would be easy to implement, and you've already asked for it.
... and it's already been implemented for the next build   :D
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

audunth

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 01:10:36 pm »

Rick.ca, sorry if I sounded too persistent, I just wanted to clarify my point.

JohnT, thanks a lot, it will be greatly appreciated :):):) Cheers!
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Pages: [1]   Go Up