INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Applying Skins In MC  (Read 3098 times)

cell.shift10

• Recent member
Applying Skins In MC
« on: May 17, 2010, 05:42:38 pm »

I finally got around to installing Media Center again but when I install my copy and I download a skin like "The Fly" I can;'t get the program to recognize it and apply it. It's an "mjp" file i think. How do I apply skins I download from this site. I copied it to my main skins skins folder, standard view but it seems to only recognize skins that are in folders form or in zipped format. How do I apply the skins to make them work in JRiver? What is the technique?

Please help!!!

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Applying Skins In MC
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 07:22:41 pm »

View > Skins
Place a checkmark next to one in the list to activate it.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 02:24:29 am »

Something does not sound right here...

When you click on the 'download' link for a skin such as 'The Fly', MC should download and apply the skin automatically. If MC is not running at the time, the action of downloading a skin from the website should cause MC to launch, with it's new skin already applied.

If that's not happening for you, we should find out why...

Can you tell us:
Which browser do you use for browsing the web?
Which version of MC are you running?
What version of Windows are you running?
What actually happens when you click a download link on the skin pages?

When you click the "Download" link on the skins webpage, by default, the Media Center Package Installer should handle the download. If it does, then something is preventing it from working, possibly firewall restrictions or Windows permissions.

If the Package Installer is not handling the download automatically, and your browser is asking you to save the .mjp file instead, then you should be able to fix that in your browser configuration, though even at that, the package installer should still fire up if you double click a downloaded .mjp file.

-marko

cell.shift10

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 11:42:21 am »

I am using Opera Browser and Windows Vista Ultimate. I can't put a checkmark beside it because it doesn't show up any ata all. Should i open the file in Windows and select JRiver Media Center 14 to open it with? After all wouldn't that activate the skin? I am also using JRiver 14

kurushi

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 02:28:01 am »

normally when u click downlkoad like Marko said after the dl completed Mc install it automatic.Can you try with IE?

cell.shift10

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 08:41:19 pm »

I would use IE but IE is so slow, should i right click "Open With" on the MJP file and thern use MC14 to open the file and would that install? Have you tried that?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 01:12:12 am »

MC 14 won't be able to open the file. There is a seperate program in the MC installation directory called PackageInstaller.exe that handles skin and plugin installations via .mjp files.

What happens if you download the mjp file to your hard drive, and then double click on it?

Here, the mjp file gets a generic icon... , and double clicking it installs the skin correctly.

Have you tried that?

If you have, and windows is asking you what to do with the file, I would suggest that you try reinstalling MC. You can safely run the install without uninstalling first, and it will probably fix things up for you all round. Let us know if that doesn't help.

Regards,
-marko

kurushi

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 05:43:09 am »

You can try to drag the mjp file in the packageinstaller.exe.

cell.shift10

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 06:12:23 pm »

Thanks all, I applied all the comments used in response to this post and now I can access the skins. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up