INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto import - tags updated - how to tell which ones?  (Read 968 times)

broncodan

• World Citizen
auto import - tags updated - how to tell which ones?
« on: May 19, 2010, 06:31:29 pm »

I run auto import and it is noted that several files have had tags that changed.  I believe that this is happening due to the fact that my kids are using Itunes to access the files from another computer (all files are on a NAS).  Is there a way to identify what has been changed in the tag - obviously MC is realizing that there is a change.  Thanks in advance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: auto import - tags updated - how to tell which ones?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:23:43 pm »

I run auto import and it is noted that several files have had tags that changed.  I believe that this is happening due to the fact that my kids are using Itunes to access the files from another computer (all files are on a NAS).  Is there a way to identify what has been changed in the tag - obviously MC is realizing that there is a change.  Thanks in advance.

The report at the end of an import can tell you what files changed, but doesn't detail the changes.

It detects changes based on the file-system modified time, and does an 'Update Library (from tags)' on any files that have changed.  The system isn't really set up to report the fields it finds changes in, in part because there are so many fields that the report (if it did track this) could be overwhelming.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up