INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.46 -- Available Here  (Read 3066 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.46 -- Available Here
« on: May 19, 2010, 09:00:23 am »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150046.exe

15.0.46 (5/18/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA streaming with MP3 conversion enabled was not working properly.
2. Changed: Moved 'Library Server Client' options to 'Network' options page.
3. Fixed: Possible sporadic crashes (only applies to last few builds).
4. NEW: Video subtitle option "Show subtitle only if selected subtitle language is different from audio language".

15.0.45 (5/17/2010)

1. Changed: Improved threading, messaging, and cancelling for 'Lookup Movie Info From Wikipedia...' tool.
2. Changed: Enabled up / down keyboard navigation to switch images when zoomed in on an image in 'Image Preview' mode.
3. Fixed: Auto-complete was not working properly for non-list fields that used semi-colon delimitation in their values.
4. Fixed: In a network with a lot of DLNA devices and Library Server connections, zones could get reflected multiple times (i.e. zone with a name There: Jim: There: Jim: Speakers)
5. Optimized: Improved performance when connected to a Library Server.
6. Optimized: DLNA and Library Server zones that are not active are no longer queried across the network to keep their playback state fresh. (could have third-party SDK implications if plugins are trying to display status of non-active remote zones)
7. Optimized: Improved performance of loading images from a server.
8. Fixed: MP3 files purchased from the Performer Store could fail to play over Library Server.

15.0.44 (5/14/2010)

1. Fixed: Quick Find of cover art would not always work properly.
2. Changed: Revised how a Library Server client specifies audio conversion in Options > Libraries & Folders. (uses new encoder profiles that builds on more sophisticated conversion engine of v15)
3. NEW: When controlling DLNA devices, playback will advance between tracks even if the device is not sending subscription events properly.

15.0.43 (5/14/2010)

1. Fixed: List style tagging in the Action Window was not working (only applies to build 42).
2. Fixed: When in a library view, the locate commands would not work.
3. Fixed: Using UNC paths for the handheld conversion cache did not work nicely.
4. Changed: Improved compatibility with Kernel Streaming 24-bit audio to Bel-Canto and other similar DACs.
5. Changed: Disabled 32-bit floating point output support for Kernel Streaming -- most (all?) cards claim to support it, and then treat the data as 32-bit integers so the sound is heavily distorted.

15.0.42 (5/13/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA server wasn't reporting resolution for images when converting/shrinking.
2. Fixed: DVD video discs would not get recognized under certain conditions.
3. Optimized: Many improvements to help performance when dealing with list type fields like Keywords, Actors, etc.
4. Optimized: The Tag Action Window for list type fields is several orders or magnitude faster.
5. Changed: Reverted launcher back to Windows program as console program caused issues for some users.
6. Changed: Import system will still import zero-byte .txt, .log, and .dat files; other types of zero byte files are still ignored.
7. Internal: Auto-import will remove files with no filename that are in the 'previously removed' database location. (cleanup for possible bug from years past)
8. NEW: Add support for different conversion sizes for images in the DLNA server options.
9. Fixed: Web Media view header buttons could cause a crash.

15.0.41 (5/12/2010)

1. Changed: Added command MCC_QUERY_UI_MODE (32000) to allow querying the user interface mode of the program from a batch file.
2. Changed: MC15.exe is a console application so it's easier to use in batch files or with other scripting.
3. Changed: MC15.exe /MCC will exit the process with the result of the call. (so in a batch file, %ERRORLEVEL% will be the result after a call)
4. Fixed: MP3 encoding was always using a default configuration of VBR 160kpbs (last several builds only).
5. Internal: Consolidated file naming used by YouTube! Podcasts so they match WebMedia file naming. (i.e. webmedia://youtube/[id] instead of youtube://[id])
6. Fixed: Streaming FLV files could fail to play in some cases.
7. Changed: The import system will ignore zero byte files.
8. NEW: Added 'Collapse All' choice to the right-click menu for a pane. (only shows for list style fields that support nesting)
9. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar and Daniel_2k).
10. Optimized: Numerous improvements to help performance with list-style fields, especially when there are huge numbers of values used. (ie. a database with 50,000 actors, etc.)

15.0.40 (5/11/2010)

1. Fixed: When decoding non 16-bit audio data, up to 0.006 seconds of silence could be unnecessarily appended to the end.
2. Fixed: ASIO playback for 32-bit integer style cards had a possible overflow (only applies to last few builds).
3. Changed: Stock smartlists will dynamically change names with language changes (stock smartlists will be updated / recreated as a result)
4. Fixed: At the file list level with WebPlay, the last item in the list would not be shown.
5. Fixed: When a ripped DVD and the associated cover art was on a drive that was temporarily removed, Media Center could disassociate with the broken cover art link. (it should only disassociate with a broken cover art link if the media file is available and the art is not available)
6. Fixed: Pressing Ctrl+F in an image or video library view could switch to Audio. (remember that Ctrl+E will focus the search box in any view)
7. Fixed: CUE parser was not properly loading the playback range of the last track.
8. NEW: Added ASIO option for channel swapping C/LFE with SL/SR during surround sound playback. (needed with Creative and possibly other cards)
9. Fixed: MC could crash in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters) when it failed to load an output plug-in (such as ASIO) in a worker thread.
10. Changed: Updated splash screen no longer says 'beta'.

15.0.39 (5/10/2010)

1. NEW: WebPlay includes "JRiver Gizmo", an Android app for nicer support of WebPlay on Google phones (install app from WebPlay's homepage).  Not yet very pretty.
2. Changed: WebPlay uses the user agent of the requestor to automatically switch between M3U, ASX, QuickTime, etc.

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 15.0.46 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:08:55 am »

4. NEW: Video subtitle option "Show subtitle only if selected subtitle language is different from audio language".

Excellent. Thanks Yaobing!
There is no mention of it in the history, but was the tagging delimited list issue fixed (reported in the v44 thread)? If not, I'll pass on this update until it is.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:14:39 am »

There is no mention of it in the history, but was the tagging delimited list issue fixed (reported in the v44 thread)? If not, I'll pass on this update until it is.

We believe the delimited tagging issues are fixed.

We would appreciate any help confirming this.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 09:27:44 am »

We believe the delimited tagging issues are fixed.

We would appreciate any help confirming this.  Thanks.

Hey Matt. Not fixed. The problem as I described it in the v44 thread still exists.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 09:30:42 am »

Were there important changes to the Tools > Options > Library & Folders dialog box? I could swear it was more populated than it is now. All I see are two options:  Auto Import (run auto import in background and Configure auto import) and Manage library fields.

edit: Ah, never mind. Must be this:
Changed: Moved 'Library Server Client' options to 'Network' options page.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 09:32:13 am »

Were there important changes to the Tools > Options > Library & Folders dialog box? I could swear it was more populated than it is now. All I see are two options:  Auto Import (run auto import in background and Configure auto import) and Manage library fields.
Some Library Server options moved to Network Servers.

Bill S

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 11:45:46 am »

The issue I reported only just the other day for 15.0.44 (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=57672.0  , semicolons in my user-created text field caused text to be treated as a list with F2/autocomplete) is fixed with 15.0.46.  Thank you, you guys are great!   :)

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 12:00:42 pm »

Were there important changes to the Tools > Options > Library & Folders dialog box? I could swear it was more populated than it is now. All I see are two options:  Auto Import (run auto import in background and Configure auto import) and Manage library fields.

Maybe the "Library & Folders" options menu could be eliminated by merging its contents with other options?

'Auto-Import' goes well with the import settings under "General" and I'm sure you can find another place for the 'Manage Library Fields...'
 :P

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 12:39:13 pm »

Hey Matt. Not fixed. The problem as I described it in the v44 thread still exists.

Thanks.  Please see this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=57736.0

221bBS

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 03:49:26 pm »

Fixed: Possible sporadic crashes (only applies to last few builds).

I think this build fixed my crashing problem.

When I tried to force thumbnail building (crashed every few thousand files) but right now it's at 17k and still hasn't crashed.  ;D

Crossing finger.

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 07:12:51 pm »

Using version 15.0.46 still skips forward when playing via PS3 and network.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 09:26:52 pm »

Maybe the "Library & Folders" options menu could be eliminated by merging its contents with other options?

'Auto-Import' goes well with the import settings under "General" and I'm sure you can find another place for the 'Manage Library Fields...'
 :P

We agree that 'Library & Folders' is pretty sparse now.

Your suggestion is good.  We have also considered moving Library Manager into the Library & Folders options page.  It may be a while before we do either.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 12:12:34 pm »

Hi,

After I save a preset in "List Style, Details," under Audio and then click on said preset it re-orders the columns to seemingly whatever the program likes. The columns don't change, just there placement does. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but whatever it is, I'd like to be able to avoid it.

-Chris

221bBS

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 12:54:21 pm »

I reported that the last.fm plugin was submitting incorrect data in the MC 14 forum. It's still doing this (It cuts off odd character at the end). I think I figured out why it's doing this. looks like MC does a Clean() on what it submits to last.fm. Any chance of removing it?

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 01:23:41 pm »

If you use the command Add (Shuffle Remaining) when the player is stopped, it simply adds to the end without any shuffling at all.
(also in MC14)

lazy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 02:04:49 pm »

Some Library Server options moved to Network Servers.

This has had no effect on the problems with WebPlay that was reported in .44, if it was supposed to...
Still not working on a winmo phone with any of the settings compressed or uncompressed.

BTW: will the uncompressed setting convert .ape to .wav ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up