INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ridiculus newbie question  (Read 922 times)

bcbc

• Recent member
  • jazz/blues/boats
ridiculus newbie question
« on: June 25, 2002, 06:19:24 pm »

Love this player. It sounds better than Winamp, dbPowerAmp, WMP and all the others I've tried. But man am I baffled by the overabundance of organization options. Thank God the music is playing or I'd really be nuts.

My current problem is that I've somehow clicked off everything west of the organization tree bar. No tree. No player controls in lower left corner. Damned if I can find the control to restore them. Been through all the friggin' menus. Help!
bc

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:ridiculus newbie question
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 06:25:28 pm »

There will still be a thin vertical bar on the left side of the window.  It has a grid with an arrow on top and bottom.  You can drag it or click the arrows.

Welcome to interact.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

bcbc

• Recent member
  • jazz/blues/boats
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 07:19:21 pm »

Thanks. Subtle.
bc

DocLotus

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2002, 06:25:24 am »

Hi bcbc;

I to, had tried all the players that you mentioned in addition to… Siren, Real JukeBox 1 & 2, RealOne, & some others.  None of them can hold a candle to MJ.  They either look like spaceships (meaning the controls are non-standard & very hard to get used to & everything is crammed to close together & to small) or were lacking in option choices, or had very few new releases (sometimes taking a year or more for an update).  Also, they all had terrible help systems & little (if any) user interaction with the developers.

Then I found Media Jukebox (MJ for short) & it was love at first sight.  It has it all.

After using inferior players for several years, I to was (at first) somewhat bewildered by all the Option choices in MJ.  But, I slowly learned to love them as the wonderful people at JRiver had put them there for some pretty good reasons.  The reasons slowly became very apparent to me… almost every time I thought MJ couldn’t do something just the way I wanted it to do, I would find one of these wonderful Options that made it work exactly the way I wanted.

So be patient… as you gain experience with MJ, you too will learn to love the many option choices.  Then you will be an MJ “guru” & have a worm fuzzy feeling all over that there is, after all these years, something about Windows that finally works as advertised!

bcbc

• Recent member
  • jazz/blues/boats
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2002, 10:03:15 am »

Thanks, Doc. Enjoyed your insights. Yeah--I'm inching my way up the learning curve while hearing my tunes at a level of fidelity I hadn't heard previously. I'm a lot happier since Jim told me about that sneaky little arrow.
bc
Pages: [1]   Go Up