INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiccups with ASIO  (Read 1359 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Hiccups with ASIO
« on: May 22, 2010, 08:04:11 am »

I reported this awhile back, and that when I switch to MC14 I don't have the problem, of course not the same method but same devices.

ASIO audio playback has no problems. Still getting the glitches reported by others a few builds ago.

Anyone using ASIO (I'm using Lynx) for video playback?

Details to follow, but it's as if MC isn't using the large ASIO buffer while video plays back smooth.

HiFiTubes

Re: Hiccups with ASIO video playback
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 01:10:45 am »

I think there is still a problem with ASIO. My Lynx buffer is 1024 and its betters than unforcing and setting it to 32, but I'm getting glitches when i switch view schemes, something that simply shouldn't be happening on this machine.

What is the pre-buffering setting?

This problem is worse over library server but occurs on local file playback as well. The buffer is overrun really bad if building thumbnails but it occurs when Mc is at rest no matter what buffer or prebuffer settings are tried.

It should not be this hard to overrun the Lynx 1024 buffer and why doesn't MC seem to add anything on top of that no matter what I try???

Trumpetguy

Re: Hiccups with ASIO
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:32:32 pm »

Hi,
long time since this poste, but anyway:
I am using Lynx (previously L2B, now Aurora8) and ASIO for both music and dvd/bluray video. Not had one single audio hiccup when running at a track's native sample rate. I tried once to use the Output format plugin to resample all audio to 96kHz because I use digital room correction and would like to run at same sample rate because I am lazy. No, then hiccups occurred almost every time I e.g. scrolled a web page or other similar "heavy operation". Any possibliity your problem is something in that direction? The Output format plugin as such works fine. I remix most 5.1 audio tracks to 7.1, and that runs smoothly. Only bad experience with resampling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up