INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Benq 24x dual layer dvd player/burner  (Read 1762 times)

Tezzles

• Recent member
Benq 24x dual layer dvd player/burner
« on: May 17, 2010, 08:48:38 pm »

I have a new pc with Windows 7 (64bit) and a Benq dvd player/burner. MC 15 will not recognise it, even though Windows 7 does.  My TV card will not work either, but Windows Media Player/Center does work for cds and tv.  Can someone please help?  I have an old XP machine out in the garage gathering dust, except for when I need to play or burn my cds.  I have to use it to add files to my Toshiba Gigabeat 60 also, but that is not Media Center's fault.  I cannot see the point of continuing to subscribe to this software, if the simplest of tasks cannot be performed on up-to-date hardware and oses.  Will someone restore my faith?  ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Benq 24x dual layer dvd player/burner
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:57:14 pm »

I have a new pc with Windows 7 (64bit) and a Benq dvd player/burner. MC 15 will not recognise it, even though Windows 7 does.  My TV card will not work either, but Windows Media Player/Center does work for cds and tv.  Can someone please help?  I have an old XP machine out in the garage gathering dust, except for when I need to play or burn my cds. 
Is it an internal DVD drive?  It's very unusual that MC wouldn't see the drive if Windows does.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 05:02:34 pm »

For reference I just today bought a sleek looking Samsung external USB drive.
I plugged it in.  No Drivers were needed, I didn't even need to restart MC, and minutes later I was ripping and burning!

This is with Vista x64

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 05:20:33 pm »

I had trouble once when I had other software that took control of the drive (i think it was dvd decrypter). that was a while ago though.

craig

Tezzles

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:13:31 pm »

If anyone else is interested, I have found the answer to my own problem. My new machine has no floppy drive in it.  They don't make them anymore.  And so I had assigned the drive letter A: to my CD/DVD drive.  MC15 does not like it, obviously, but it is not a problem for Windows Media Player.  The moral to this is - don't try to control your own computer; just leave it to the "experts".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 06:57:39 am »

We'll check that.  Thanks for reporting it.

Tezzles

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 03:06:26 am »

OK thanks JimH.  Can you offer any help with my TV card?  I am in Australia (PAL system) and can get TV via antenna/splitter using Windows Media Center (which I don't like at all - not user friendly).  The scan comes up with zero channels (digital and analogue) on MC15.  According to my invoice, I have a Leadtek DTV2000H TV tuner card.

Also, a friend of mine is a DJ on a local radio station in the UK and I used to be able to get his station on earlier versions of MC, but not anymore.  We are in completely different time zones and I want to be able to use a scheduler to record his weekly shows too.  He has a great taste in music!  It's called Kinda Country on Saint FM.

Regards, Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up