INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot update. When I go to update with the latest version it shows only Chinese  (Read 1065 times)

kenmuse

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

I have Media Center 14.0.155 running Win7.  When I go to update with the latest version it shows only Chinese after I accept the license.  How can I avoid this?  I have tried the last 2 or 3 updates with same results.  Some time ago I inadvertently chose a menu item in Media Center that changed the language from English to Chinese.  I was able to guess correctly on the menu to set it back to English.  I then deleted all other languages, including Chinese, but it still wants to show Chinese on the update/install menu after the accept license screen.

It should not be so easy to change a language in the menu.

Also, when I open Media Center it goes to auto-update, after I cancel at the Chinese screen it tells me I must update Media Center in order to use it and it closes Media Center.  This is insane - I have to use a minor update for a program I purchased???

Thanks
Ken
Kenmuse

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Use Regedit.exe to change:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 15\Properties\Language to "English"

You can also just delete that value in the registry and it will default to the language of your system on the next run or install.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up