INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Webplay on a Blackberry  (Read 1742 times)

natejroe

• Recent member
Webplay on a Blackberry
« on: May 30, 2010, 12:37:48 pm »

Just was curious if anyone out there has gotten the webplay feature to work with their blackberry... I'm able to pull down videos and pics to my blackberry but if I do a playlist it will attempt and then fail...

webremote works great!!! Loving MC15 just hoping to get it working fully with my blackberry!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Webplay on a Blackberry
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:54:09 am »

Do you happen to know if the built in media player supports M3U playlists for MP3 streaming?

We may just need to adjust what type of playlist and file format is adjusted when the client is a Blackberry.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

natejroe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:52:29 pm »

Yes it does support m3u. That would be great if you could make that happen! Thanks for the input.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 04:07:39 pm »

When you click the 'Play' link now, what does it provide?

I would expect it to provide an M3U already.  If so, any idea why it doesn't just work?

natejroe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 02:43:37 pm »

I was kinda wondering the same thing... when I click on play for the specific playlist on my blackberry i get a box in the media player that says "An error has occurred attempting to play media "GetFile?File=5609&ConversionProfil=Webplay"

Is there some settings within media player i need to play with? I've pilfered through them and didnt find anything... I did notice that clicking

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 12:27:20 pm »

Those URLs just point to simple MP3 files on your Library Server.

I'm not sure why the device doesn't like them.  Is it possible you're requiring authorization with Library Server and that's tripping it up?  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

natejroe

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 10:53:54 pm »

hrm... i wouldnt be intentionally... i'll double check the settings though and see... I downloaded mini opera to my blackberry today - i wanted to see if something was weird with the blackberry browser itself... had a power outage last night thought and forgot to hit the power button before heading into the office this morning... gonna play with it a little more, i'll let you know if i find anything further...

really appreciate your input!
Pages: [1]   Go Up