INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound for entire computer keeps cutting off while listening to MC14  (Read 5095 times)

apeponderingtail

• Recent member

This has happened a couple of times before but it's been so long I can't remember how I fixed it.  MC14 was the only open program on my computer and keyboard and mouse were across the room and in the middle of a song the sound for the my entire computer cuts off.  I have windows XP and I've checked the volume icon (playback control) and sounds and devices in control panel, and my sound card configurations (SB Audigy) and nothing is out of order.  Whatever happened is definitely MC related.

Please help!

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D

What output mode are you using?
Options -> Audio -> Output mode.

Certain options may exhibit this behaviour for technical/audio purity reasons.
 DirectSound shouldn't exhibit this problem

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Sorry, but I can't agree.

If you haven't changed anything on the PC when this happens, it's likely to be a driver or hardware issue.  Try updating the driver.

(I'm assuming that there are no network issues involved, and that storage is local.)

apeponderingtail

• Recent member

What output mode are you using?
Options -> Audio -> Output mode.

DirectSound shouldn't exhibit this problem

The output mode is set to Direct Sound.

I left my pc on overnight and the sound is back on now. Weird! 

apeponderingtail

• Recent member

If you haven't changed anything on the PC when this happens, it's likely to be a driver or hardware issue.  Try updating the driver.

(I'm assuming that there are no network issues involved, and that storage is local.)

Do you mean the driver for MC? How do I do that, uninstall/reinstall?  Or do you mean the driver for my sound card?

All of my music files are stored on an external drive if that matters.

JimH

• Administrator

Sound card.

Try playing from a local library to see if the problem is network related or not.

apeponderingtail

• Recent member

I'm updating the driver now, I won't know if it worked since the problem corrected itself somehow.  Hopefully this will prevent it from happening again.

I don't think the external drive matters because the all of the computer's sound went out, even the windows music that plays when you first turn it on.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Sound for entire computer keeps cutting off while listening to MC14
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 08:11:17 am »

Sorry, but I can't agree.

If you haven't changed anything on the PC when this happens, it's likely to be a driver or hardware issue.  Try updating the driver.

My mistake, I misread the opening post.  I thought it was referring to other windows sound not playing while playing through Media Center.

apeponderingtail

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 04:01:32 pm »

This has happened a couple of times before but it's been so long I can't remember how I fixed it.  MC14 was the only open program on my computer and keyboard and mouse were across the room and in the middle of a song the sound for the my entire computer cuts off.  I have windows XP and I've checked the volume icon (playback control) and sounds and devices in control panel, and my sound card configurations (SB Audigy) and nothing is out of order.  Whatever happened is definitely MC related.

Please help!

It has happened again.  I love MC but it's glitches are driving me mad.  I just want to listen to some music and I cant, not even with another program. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 04:37:53 pm »

Updating drivers might help.  That's not an MC problem, in my opinion.

apeponderingtail

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 08:34:53 am »

It has happened again and this time it hasn't corrected itself.  I know it has something to do with MC because it only happens while using it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up